+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No Jota on his shirt. // Should have been a penalty. Two for one.

No Jota on his shirt. // Should have been a penalty. Two for one.

Just watching the Villa game again on the TV and I noticed that Jota has Silva on his shirt. Apparently was not allowed to have Jota on it. Also noticed that he took a nasty stamp on his calf that went unnoticed.

Never noticed it at the game, but we should have had a penalty when a high boot caught Costa in the face in the penalty area. A Liverpool player was sent off for the same earlier this season.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Just watching the Villa game again on the TV and I noticed that Jota has Silva on his shirt. Apparently was not allowed to have Jota on it. Also noticed that he took a nasty stamp on his calf that went unnoticed.

Never noticed it at the game, but we should have had a penalty when a high boot caught Costa in the face in the penalty area. A Liverpool player was sent off for the same earlier this season.
    Re the shirt, I wonder if the reduction by one letter would vastly deplete the merchandise income?

We don't seem to get the 'rub of the green' with penalties. There was a later incident which looked so contrived that I suspect it wasn't because I am not aware of any evidence of our players cheating so far this season. Since we won with a 'masterclass' performance it is not a problem. Let's hope it doesn't cost us a game in future though.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post

Taken from Wikipedia:

His full name is Diogo José Teixeira da Silva (born 4 December 1996), known as Jota. This name uses Portuguese naming customs. The first or maternal family name is Teixeira and the second or paternal family name is Silva.
    This is probably the reason we see Silva on his shirt!

There was a couple of shouts for penalties in the first half for both sides. The one you've already mentioned with the high boot. The Liverpool player you were referring to was Mane, he was sent off for a high boot against Man.City. The other penalty appeal that quite a few was shouting for in my opinion was a perfectly timed tackle from Hutton to stop Costa in his tracks.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)