+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How Far We Have Fallen

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    There is the majority on here and there is the majority in the United support. Two totally different things IMHO.
    Your absolutely correct TTT, two totally different things and i bet the majority outwith the forums are in the majority of here and all other United forums. If not i'll be absolutely f ucking shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post
    I don't currently know a single Arab personally who wants Ray to stay. I know a couple who would give him the next games to the split and assess it but they would fully accept if he was sacked now.

My circle of pals, workmates and football acquaintances (pub pre and post match, buses, pals of pals etc) is fairly large and varied, young, old, rich, skint, ST holders, home and away fans, lapsed fans, stay away fans - the consensus is it's time to go.

Add to that here, East, Pie and Bovril etc and the evidence to me and those I know is the majority want him out - it's almost a consensus.

On the other hand there's 2 or 3 boys I don't know on here who think everything's fine.

You are kidding yourself on lads.

Ray needs to go and enough fans have turned now there's no way back.
    i post on TEK and abidys the same opinion

Naebody we a half decent understanding of the game wants Ray to stay. He's had over 70 games, that's long enough to me. Win lose or draw tomorrow Ray must go.

There is no doubt the majority want to see him go , during his tenure performances have been brutal even when winning and are certainly not getting any better

There's no doubt Ray's cardy is on a shoogly peg but why have the players escaped any form of criticism? It seems to be the norm in modern day football that if things aren't going right the manager is always the fall guy. Yes they are RM's players, yes they're meant to be playing the game through RM's instructions but does anyone who attends the games actually think we are seeing 100% effort & commitment from certain players.

IMO a manager can only do so much but when the whistle goes its mostly up to the players to produce,BTW this is not a vote of confidence for the manager - far from it, his away record is fkn shocking and even though his home record(or should I say not losing at home record) has probably saved him there has been a lot of draws during his tenure.

I agree with shedka that style is immaterial in this league but what I do want to see is fire in the players bellies,That should be a minimum ask when going on that park.

You raise a good point about players Whitfield.

Problem is that is quicker and cheaper to replace the gaffer and look for a fix than turnover a whole squad.

Look at the culling Brewster had to do from the McCall era.

We have a good group of players for this division.

They need a system that plays to their strengths (just look at McMullan in Ray’s setup. Destroyed the not already) and the need properly motivated,

Those two things require managers and coaches that are tactically astute and imaginative (not just your 4-2-3–1 SFA handbook stuff) and with the personality to engender trust, respect and motivation.

“Trust, respect and motivation”

When did we last experience those things in any capacity at Tannadice?

Ray needs to adapt or he will walk sooner or later.

I’d love it if he could because it would save us the upheaval and cash but I’m not seeing signs he is.

Tomorrow is a big game. I hope we put 4 past ICT.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    There is no way he values his shares at that figure.

I think that £4m comes from the total number of shares multiplied by the 30 odd quid that the shares can be bought for.

And to some extent has been used as a stick to beat ST with. “Oh he wants £4mil! Etc etc” making out he’s holding the club to random.

Plus he would never ever get in a million years even if he owned the whole club shares anyway.

The club in its current state (just my guesstimating) is worth about £1.5m to £2m tops.

Simply based on the assets (stadium, GA etc) and 100% of shares.

A more realistic deal to buy ST’s shares would be the offer of some up front cash (say £500k) and then a decreasing cut of future transfer income much like the debt deal with the bank until £1m-1.5m total was met.

You don’t need a white knight with millions. You just need a businessperson with some cash, access to funds for debt (which will be needed no matter who is in charge while the ship is righted), some imagination and the desire to do more than just spout in the boozers about how they’d be up for taking on United.

To any pretenders to the White Knight monicker: Action speaks louder than words.

Now I know folk will say: “**** ST, he doesn’t deserve a penny.” And they’d be right. But he holds the keys to the door, and I’m certain he will only sell when he gets some cash.

We have to accept that reality. No one will pick this club up for £1 unless it’s admin, and even then they’d be picking up a club that will likely have lost the GA and Tannadice due to defaulting loans.

And in an admin event I’m certain ST would try to hang like Boyle successfully did at Motherwell.

It’s time to get serious. And that means the fan groups and the supposed White Knights.

My prediction: we’ll have ST at the helm for a long time.
    Interesting post. I am firmly in the anyone but ST camp. He is holding the club to ransom. IMO his unreasonable expectation about how much someone should pay is preventing anyone better coming in

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Interesting post. I am firmly in the anyone but ST camp. He is holding the club to ransom. IMO his unreasonable expectation about how much someone should pay is preventing anyone better coming in
    We don’t really know his asking price. It could be perfectly affordable.

The reason we get over inflated figures like 4mil traded around is because no one has really tested his resolve and actually put a serious, official bid in.

You might be able to get him AND Justine out for a cool million total.

Only the supposed white knights can test that theory out though.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)