+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Far We Have Fallen

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    Third Lanark supporters probably thought there would always be a Third Lanark!
    who

I've been reading but not posting this last week or two because I'm scunnered with the whole thing tbh.

It's such a mess and so disappointing. No idea what to say really.

What I do know is we should be winning this league from the front ie now, not "in the mix" or "lets see where we are at christmas"

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    I feel that if there are any genuine white knights out there, they will only show face when Thompson is gone. The right thing for him to do is to offer his shares free to anyone who has the funds to make a difference at Tannadice. Often in these situations a buyer uses all his funds buying the club leaving none for ongoing investment. That we do not need as it would be little different than the current situation. Over to you Mr T go and go now, not forgetting to take McKinnon with you.
    As I posted a few weeks back it seems likely that there may be an interested buyer but they are holding their money and waiting for a fire sale, and right now that looks the most likely change scenario. Which is bleak. We must be racking up significant operating losses. ok all this is guesswork but if we fail to get promoted this season I can't see where the money is coming from to balance the books.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I've been reading but not posting this last week or two because I'm scunnered with the whole thing tbh.

It's such a mess and so disappointing. No idea what to say really.

What I do know is we should be winning this league from the front ie now, not "in the mix" or "lets see where we are at christmas"
    Agree totally phissed off with the ****e we're watching. In the games we lose its not as we've been unlucky either and there keeper has played a blinder and been MOM. The games we do win are usually a struggle and it's not as if we play them off the park. We create very little and frankly the team bore the phuck out of me at times.
    To be fair it's not just United , I am getting disillusioned with football and certainly don't have the same interest I did 10 years ago.
    Maybe it's an age thing.

As was debated at length is a previous thread, if all our various supporters groups had laid egos to one side and United under one banner, maybe there would be more pressure on ST than what there is.

Something needs to change.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    As was debated at length is a previous thread, if all our various supporters groups had laid egos to one side and United under one banner, maybe there would be more pressure on ST than what there is.

Something needs to change.
    Will never happen.

Relegation wasn’t serious enough for the groups to put aside egos and work as one.

Only by working together. As one group. Can it work.

Will probably take admin to get them to get together but even then there’s too much personal fiefdoms and personality clashes for that to seriously happen.

As elected fans representatives go there’s not one group that gives me any confidence. And so it will be all up to ST what happens next. He’s in complete control of the club’s future.

And as for white knights. Waiting for a fire sale is risky as you’d potentially end up taking on a club that may have defaulted on loans and lost the stadium and the GA as assets.

I don’t see the use in waiting. If they’re that interested they’d make their moves.

I don’t think there is anyone out there seriously with the will to take on the club.

But as you say. Something needs to change.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Will never happen.

Relegation wasn’t serious enough for the groups to put aside egos and work as one.

Only by working together. As one group. Can it work.

Will probably take admin to get them to get together but even then there’s too much personal fiefdoms and personality clashes for that to seriously happen.

As elected fans representatives go there’s not one group that gives me any confidence. And so it will be all up to ST what happens next. He’s in complete control of the club’s future.

And as for white knights. Waiting for a fire sale is risky as you’d potentially end up taking on a club that may have defaulted on loans and lost the stadium and the GA as assets.

I don’t see the use in waiting. If they’re that interested they’d make their moves.

I don’t think there is anyone out there seriously with the will to take on the club.

But as you say. Something needs to change.

I know next to nothing about the various fans groups, etc., and it looks like I am well blessed for that. However, Iberian Person who speaks Openly and Frankly, appears to opine very wisely. 'Waiting' could be our death knell, even though there is an absence of a viable alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by thefutureistangerine4 View Post
    So ST is listening to you and the others on here and walks away. Who then is tasked with meeting any shortfall and running the club or do you all just kind of hope someone will do it.

If there is viable alternative then your comments are completely irrelevant.....

What exactly is the alternative if ST walked away today?. Please tell me what happens next and what is the plan for the rest of the season........
    You think ST is meeting any shortfalls the club have??

Tell you what, see the shower of **** we currently call a football team, folk like you deserve it.

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dyer View Post
    You think ST is meeting any shortfalls the club have??

Tell you what, see the shower of **** we currently call a football team, folk like you deserve it.

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
    And coming onto a forum to mock fans that have supported this club their whole lives benefits anyone how...? Its far easier to mock and ridicule than come up with answers to any of the questions.

So if I am right the answer to the question i have posed is that we get rid of the manager and chairman tomorrow and just hope there is some multi millionaire just waiting around hoping he will be invited to sink all his millions into Scottish football. Is that plan? And its based on the foolproof proposition that there just must be someone.......

You may call me a happy clapper (not sure what thats based on as I am as unhappy about the current position as any of you) but at least I believe in logic and reason rather the nonsense some of you are spouting

Quote Originally Posted by thefutureistangerine4 View Post
    And coming onto a forum to mock fans that have supported this club their whole lives benefits anyone how...? Its far easier to mock and ridicule than come up with answers to any of the questions.

So if I am right the answer to the question i have posed is that we get rid of the manager and chairman tomorrow and just hope there is some multi millionaire just waiting around hoping he will be invited to sink all his millions into Scottish football. Is that plan? And its based on the foolproof proposition that there just must be someone.......

You may call me a happy clapper (not sure what thats based on as I am as unhappy about the current position as any of you) but at least I believe in logic and reason rather the nonsense some of you are spouting
    Why would we need a multi millionaire to come in?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)