+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: League Cup Semis

Had a quick look over on Hun media and lo and behold someone is talking sense.

Now the last thing I want to hear from a Hun is sense.

Normal service is resumed though when not one poster agrees with him, he gets told the f'uck off etc.

What a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Had a quick look over on Hun media and lo and behold someone is talking sense.

Now the last thing I want to hear from a Hun is sense.

Normal service is resumed though when not one poster agrees with him, he gets told the f'uck off etc.

What a relief.
    They are a different sort of special that lot.

My favourite comment on Hunmedia was

"The worst part of it is celtic will put about 4 past that Motherwell team, like we should have done.

Pedro must go. "

"Like we should have done" . Coming from a Sevco fan who's team has done NOTHING to convince anyone that they could put 4 past Motherwell. That lot are living in the past.

Or my other favourite

Remember when Roman Abramovich first took over Chelsea? He paid off, in an instant, all the players who weren't good enough. Just cut all the deadwood adrift. He then bought out all the sponsorship and shirt deals. He wiped the slate clean and gave them a fresh foundation on which to build. He then went out and got them a top rated manager and handed him a war chest. He totally rebuilt the club from the ground up. We need someone to come along and do that for us.

Deluded huns are the best :-)

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Guys,
    I'm going to take a different mindset and defend the ref, just a little.
    Now I do usually berate him, but reflecting on his performance, it's quite possible that: -

He should have sent off Bowman, but opted not to because he did not see it or did not realise the severity.
    He should also have sent off Alves, for his kick out.
    He should also have sent off Moult for retaliation.
    He could also have sent off the other hun for pushing Moult over.

So in all, he's cancelled out the Bowman sending off with the Alves one
    And tried to diffuse the matter by booking Moult and the other hun.

What value would it have given sending all 4 off?
    Motherwell would have been without Moult and Bowman for the final against Celtic, whilst SevCo wold miss Alves and the other hun (if they are still there) in next seasons last 16)

Arguably, the officiating was slightly in Motherwells favour because of the final up coming and the timing of the incidents.

I repeat, I do usually berate McLean for his performances and this was not really any better, but in hindsight, in terms of fairness, he was pretty level in my opinion over these incidents
    Two points

If he didn't see an incident he can't opt one way or another. If he didn't see it he is totally incompetent. If he 'didn't see it' he is corrupt.

Second, why do people think that refs reffing sevco have options which they don't have reffing other teams? With Stockley for instance, also Barry Robson, and Rougvie in '79 the default and apparently only 'option' was always a swift red card.

If he saw everything and followed the thought process you set out then he is consciously favouring certain teams and disadvantaging others.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    Two points

If he didn't see an incident he can't opt one way or another. If he didn't see it he is totally incompetent. If he 'didn't see it' he is corrupt.

Second, why do people think that refs reffing sevco have options which they don't have reffing other teams? With Stockley for instance, also Barry Robson, and Rougvie in '79 the default and apparently only 'option' was always a swift red card.

If he saw everything and followed the thought process you set out then he is consciously favouring certain teams and disadvantaging others.
    Refs are human, they cannot see everything.
    Who do you think McLean was favouring yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Refs are human, they cannot see everything.
    Who do you think McLean was favouring yesterday?
    Refs are human, they are susceptible to bias and corruption.

Listening on the radio, even wee Doddsy commented that Alves had to walk for what he had done. The outcome favoured Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Secondly great to see a team take advantage of a weak referee, be aggressive and bully these ****s all over the park. Aberdeen - take note for Wednesday.
    Craig Thomson is the ref on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    Refs are human, they are susceptible to bias and corruption.

Listening on the radio, even wee Doddsy commented that Alves had to walk for what he had done. The outcome favoured Rangers.
    I agree, but not sending off Bowman was surely favouring Motherwell more by not reducing them to 10 men for the bulk of the second half?

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Craig Thomson is the ref on Wednesday.
    He lets loads go, so expect Broon to get free reigns for at least 70 minutes

Not if we break the b'astards leg in the first 5 minutes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast