+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: memories of reading

memories of reading

only really 1 significant match i can remember with reading the night game when we drew 1 1 night game in our promotion season fantastic game end to end capped by paddy kennys last minute penalty save think it was from kitson not sure

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    only really 1 significant match i can remember with reading the night game when we drew 1 1 night game in our promotion season fantastic game end to end capped by paddy kennys last minute penalty save think it was from kitson not sure
    Keefs sending off, without the ball ever being in play if I recall..!
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 18-10-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Keefs sending off, without the ball ever being in play if I recall..!
    Keef was also involved in one of the most blatant non penalty decisions I have ever seen at Reading

He burst into the penalty area ( as the ball came out from a corner if I recall correctly) and was taken out waist high by a defender who just ran across the area and aimed for him- he didn't miss -and Keef went flying only for the ref to wave play on.

[QUOTE=tomytony;38681231]Keef was also involved in one of the most blatant non penalty decisions I have ever seen at Reading

He burst into the penalty area ( as the ball came out from a corner if I recall correctly) and was taken out waist high by a defender who just ran across the area and aimed for him- he didn't miss -and Keef went flying only for the ref to wave play on. [/QUOTE

As clear cut a penalty as you are ever likely to see,same as Luton Sheltons at Old Trafford

Stephen Hunt ,what an annoying little sh1t that lad was,they also had a Yank around the same time,he was another annoying little sh1t,never liked Reading,I am expecting them to come with Norwich type tactics on Saturday

No surprise you never liked reading much easier for you looking at the pictures isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    No surprise you never liked reading much easier for you looking at the pictures isn't it
    Get back to Janet and John,book 1

Remember going to Elm Park,season we got relegated at the start of Lord Bassetts reign,my god we were truly appalling that day,Paul Williams was our centre forward!!!!

Just thinking about the OP and I’ve got say say I’ve probably got less notable memories about Reading than any team in the top two tiers.

It all seems a bit MEH except for the season they went up with us. I always thought they should be better supported.
    Last edited by GrayBlade; 18-10-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Just thinking about the OP and I’ve got say say I’ve probably got less notable memories about Reading than any team in the top two ties.

It all seems a bit MEH except for the season they went up with us. I always thought they should be better supported.
    Bit of a plastic club IMHO

One 'memorable' chant that always makes me cringe " There's only one Royal Berkshire, one Royal Berkshire" and the half time 'entertainment' on one visit was a wildly supported seat draw with the prize being....................wait for it....................

a bloody pizza!

Elm Park 23 Feb 1980. Lost 2-1. Awful game. Awful ground. Awful day.

Remember a game at BDBL a good few years ago. Think we were 3-1 up with 15 minutes to play and ended up losing 4 - 3. Might have dreamt it though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast