+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: You think you've got problems!

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    That's a lovely story (apart from the last bit) and it's why I think a lot of more libertarian-minded folk are genuinely nice people deep down.

I do find it interesting why some are unwilling to expand that generosity of human spirit to ALL people, not just ones they happen to meet in person. I suppose it depends on your default view of people.... I give them the benefit of the doubt and imagine that, like your friend, most people have a story that set them on a certain path. Whether it's their upbringing, experiences, a religion they were raised with or a geographic location they happen to have been born in. I might be wrong about some of them - they could just be irredeemably horrible people - but more often than not, people will surprise you.

Well done for giving that man another chance in life.
    I think what I was trying to say, is that Chubby shouldn't so quickly jump to conclusions about people.....just because I have an entrenched view on Islam, and want immigration cut to the point where specific manpower needs are met on a monthly basis (a points system similar to Australia)....doesn't mean that I wouldn't help a homeless guy out of my own pocket in terms of time and expense.

Helping that guy felt good, he was good company, a decent worker at a fair price....it was a win-win situation....BUT do I have the right to demand that all homeless people are looked after out of the "public purse".....no.

That is where I differ with some on here....there is taxation, foreign aid, minimum rights etc.....some think that because the UK is a "rich country" then we are obligated to help everyone else ....the Guardian runs stories every day about migrants not being saved from the Med, the poor state of reception centres, migrants threatened with deportation, hospitals and schools creaking at the seams......never a story about why they are trying to get OUT of France to get through the chunnel, never a story about a reduction in numbers means easing the pressure on schools, hospitals and housing.....to me it's common sense that we cannot keep allowing more and more in....at some point there WON'T be any foreign aid....it will be re-named....Aid for Foreigners Living Internally.

In summary, I say look after yourself and your family first, then safeguard your Culture and Country.....give a bit to charity if you want to, join a charity and give some free time and energy, cook soup in a homeless shelter......but stop demanding that the Country take action on your behalf and spends other people's money that could be better used training British doctors....it's your children and grandchildren that will have to deal with the consequences 50 years from now...not you.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Like I've already told you, your name is fraudulent. You are one of NCM's most curmudgeonly posters - even when talking about football. Not possessing much of a soh you clearly have a problem in seeing it in others. Stop foolishly imagining that what you get on here is an actual person. It's purely their persona and sometimes we all get it wrong.
    I agree with Driller about Tarquin, for example. I actually believe that's the kind of humanitarian act he would carry out. On some other occasions I'd like to spike his Tequila - but I never would.
    Depends what you're spiking it with.....I tried some Mescal a few months ago, it starts with your fingers going numb....then moves up your arms towards your head......typing on MAD becomes difficult.....never again

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    In summary, I say look after yourself and your family first, then safeguard your Culture and Country.....give a bit to charity if you want to, join a charity and give some free time and energy, cook soup in a homeless shelter......but stop demanding that the Country take action on your behalf and spends other people's money that could be better used training British doctors....it's your children and grandchildren that will have to deal with the consequences 50 years from now...not you.
    I think that's fair enough to some extent, but I also believe that there's a difference between personal responsibility and state responsibility. Charity fills in the gaps where the state has let people down.... and as I see it the state is funded by MY money as well - so I should have a say in where the money gets spent. As a child of Irish immigrants, I see any immigrant as a future tax-paying Brit - regardless of their religion or ethnicity. Most make a net contribution to society and their taxes PAY for training more doctors.

I think that's fair enough to some extent, but I also believe that there's a difference between personal responsibility and state responsibility. Charity fills in the gaps where the state has let people down.... and as I see it the state is funded by MY money as well - so I should have a say in where the money gets spent. As a child of Irish immigrants, I see any immigrant as a future tax-paying Brit - regardless of their religion or ethnicity. Most make a net contribution to society and their taxes PAY for training more doctors.
    A good post, Domdom, and not far from my own position.

Well this is where we differ....If I see a million British unemployed, 2 million British kids living below the poverty line, Brits using foodbanks and Brits living on the streets, many of them mentally disturbed, including war veterans.....why are we allowing in groups of Somalis or Romanian gypsies into the country?......they are a drain on the Public Purse and mean we have even less money to look after our own people.

When the Irish came to the UK, most went straight into full-time jobs, spoke English, had the same beliefs and Western values.....if things went badly, they never wrecked their homes, set fire to their areas or looted the shops...they never gang-raped white girls........generally speaking we got on together until religion raised it's ugly head with "the troubles", again.....immigrants today couldn't give a toss about British values, couldn't care less about our heritage, they run straight to their ghettos, insist on their own laws, preach their own religion and scream Human Rights every time they feel insulted, backed up by an army of scrounging Civil Rights lawyers

Comparing the Irish to the latest wave of camel-jockeys is like comparing chalk-n-cheese.......if we're short of a labour-force (gawd knows how when we've got areas with 20% unemployment) then invite some more Poles....at least we know they'll fight on our side in the unlikely event of WW3.

Now I'm starting to sound like Right-wing bigot again.......grrrr......coffee time then off to the garden

immigrants today couldn't give a toss about British values, couldn't care less about our heritage, they run straight to their ghettos, insist on their own laws, preach their own religion and scream Human Rights every time they feel insulted, backed up by an army of scrounging Civil Rights lawyers
    My Mexican friend tells me that the immigrants in his country are an even bigger bunch of tossers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    My Mexican friend tells me that the immigrants in his country are an even bigger bunch of tossers.
    Instead of just attacking people for having an opposing view to yours, and daring to explain that view......why don't you analyse and discuss the points raised, instead of calling the poster childish names?

TARQUIN SAYS
    When the Irish came to the UK, most went straight into full-time jobs, spoke English, had the same beliefs and Western values.....if things went badly, they never wrecked their homes, set fire to their areas or looted the shops...they never gang-raped white girls........generally speaking we got on together until religion raised it's ugly head with "the troubles", again.

This has been an intense research area for me because I was commissioned to write the script of a musical play about Irish immigration. And believe me (or not) you are so far wide of the mark, I can't even begin. If we make the London stage, Tarquin, I'll send you a free ticket so you can see the reality.

Instead of just attacking people for having an opposing view to yours, and daring to explain that view......why don't you analyse and discuss the points raised, instead of calling the poster childish names?
    Yeah Elite, stop calling posters you don’t agree with childish names.

Call them something grown up, like Chubby.

Two reasons - firstly I enjoy the name calling as it clearly riles you, and secondly many of your 'points raised' are so ridiculous that discussion is a waste of time. As examples, you have decided to despise all Muslims without knowing the first thing about 99.9999% of them, now you stereotype all immigrants as "they don't give a toss about British values, couldn't care less about our heritage, they run straight to their ghettos, insist on their own laws, preach their own religion and scream Human Rights every time they feel insulted". The idea that an immigrant might be hard-working, tax-paying and respectful of our heritage and traditions just doesn't exist in your bigoted little world. When someone is as blinkered as that, sensible discussion is impossible.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast