+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: You think you've got problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Two reasons - firstly I enjoy the name calling as it clearly riles you, and secondly many of your 'points raised' are so ridiculous that discussion is a waste of time. As examples, you have decided to despise all Muslims without knowing the first thing about 99.9999% of them, now you stereotype all immigrants as "they don't give a toss about British values, couldn't care less about our heritage, they run straight to their ghettos, insist on their own laws, preach their own religion and scream Human Rights every time they feel insulted". The idea that an immigrant might be hard-working, tax-paying and respectful of our heritage and traditions just doesn't exist in your bigoted little world. When someone is as blinkered as that, sensible discussion is impossible.
    See...that wasn't too difficult was it?.....a reasonable opposing argument....on a forum....congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah Elite, stop calling posters you don’t agree with childish names.

Call them something grown up, like Chubby.
    OK...Big Fat Pie....what would you prefer I call you?.....Chubby actually seemed kinder somehow than Fatty....it implied a certain attempt at controlling your penchant for stuffing pork pies in your gob.....Chubby, Fatty or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    OK...Big Fat Pie....what would you prefer I call you?.....Chubby actually seemed kinder somehow than Fatty....it implied a certain attempt at controlling your penchant for stuffing pork pies in your gob.....Chubby, Fatty or something else?
    Call me Honeybunny, Fat *******, Piss Flaps or anything else you like, just try not to lecture others on the childish names bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    TARQUIN SAYS
    When the Irish came to the UK, most went straight into full-time jobs, spoke English, had the same beliefs and Western values.....if things went badly, they never wrecked their homes, set fire to their areas or looted the shops...they never gang-raped white girls........generally speaking we got on together until religion raised it's ugly head with "the troubles", again.

This has been an intense research area for me because I was commissioned to write the script of a musical play about Irish immigration. And believe me (or not) you are so far wide of the mark, I can't even begin. If we make the London stage, Tarquin, I'll send you a free ticket so you can see the reality.
    I have also owned an Irish bar, not one of those fake bars you see in Benidorm, but a proper salt-of-the-earth Irish working-mens bar with diddly-diddly music and a constant stream of Guinness being slowly topped up.....I never once heard any of them moaning about how they were historically treated in England.................just wistful memories of their "fields of Athenry".

Obviously my "Irish friends" were not a representation of the majority of the Irish......strange, maybe the Nottingham Irish were treated differently to those you "intensely researched".....I look forward to seeing your play.....genuinely

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Call me Honeybunny, Fat *******, Piss Flaps or anything else you like, just try not to lecture others on the childish names bit.
    I'd rather not call you HoneyBunny if that's ok with you......I have a reputation on here to protect.....Chubby it is then?.....you can call me Tarkers or Tarquin, .......Sid likes Beechy which is fine....Elite calls me anything he can think of, from his "book of playground insults"...... but he's not very well-educated (only one CSE, in woodwork apparently, oh dear) so we have to make exceptions in his case!!

A former National Front organiser and prominent neo-Nazi has denounced the far-right movement and expressed a commitment to fighting racism after revealing he is gay and of Jewish heritage.

Kevin Wilshaw, 58, has promoted white supremacism since he was a ****ager and worked with a number of extremist groups for decades. He joined the National Front during the group’s heyday in the late 1970s, and later the British National party, before becoming a “freelance extremist” who flirted with a string of violent fringe groups such as the Racial Volunteer Force.

Wilshaw was arrested this year on suspicion of online race hate offences and was referred to the Prevent deradicalisation programme. Currently on bail, he has admitted to acts of violence and racism including smashing a chair over a man’s head in Leeds and vandalising a mosque in Aylesbury in the early 90s.

In an interview with Channel 4 News, he said he had decided to publicly renounce the far right, which he claimed to have joined because he “didn’t have many friends at school” and “wanted to be a member of a group” that had an aim.

A former National Front organiser and prominent neo-Nazi has denounced the far-right movement and expressed a commitment to fighting racism after revealing he is gay and of Jewish heritage.

Kevin Wilshaw, 58, has promoted white supremacism since he was a ****ager and worked with a number of extremist groups for decades. He joined the National Front during the group’s heyday in the late 1970s, and later the British National party, before becoming a “freelance extremist” who flirted with a string of violent fringe groups such as the Racial Volunteer Force.

Wilshaw was arrested this year on suspicion of online race hate offences and was referred to the Prevent deradicalisation programme. Currently on bail, he has admitted to acts of violence and racism including smashing a chair over a man’s head in Leeds and vandalising a mosque in Aylesbury in the early 90s.

In an interview with Channel 4 News, he said he had decided to publicly renounce the far right, which he claimed to have joined because he “didn’t have many friends at school” and “wanted to be a member of a group” that had an aim.
    Yawn

TARQUIN SAYS
    When the Irish came to the UK, most went straight into full-time jobs, spoke English, had the same beliefs and Western values.....if things went badly, they never wrecked their homes, set fire to their areas or looted the shops...they never gang-raped white girls........generally speaking we got on together until religion raised it's ugly head with "the troubles", again.

This has been an intense research area for me because I was commissioned to write the script of a musical play about Irish immigration. And believe me (or not) you are so far wide of the mark, I can't even begin. If we make the London stage, Tarquin, I'll send you a free ticket so you can see the reality.
    Reality is often different depending on who is telling the story from their point of view. Just look at the brexit argument.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Reality is often different depending on who is telling the story from their point of view. Just look at the brexit argument.
    On that subject, I saw a speech on Brexit from Boris yesterday. He said "it's time to get the great ship down the slipway and on to the open seas", and that "it's time to put a tiger in our tank". I have to say it's comforting to know that the Tories are approaching these negotiations with such coherent and well thought out plans.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I am sure Sidders will have managed to unearth someone whose experience suits his own particular agenda

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast