+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: OT: You think you've got problems!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    No , but everything else does .
    What made you edit your original reply of "Yes"?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What made you edit your original reply of "Yes"?
    Thought of something wittier . Anyway ep, have you ever stopped to think that if you hadn't spent so much time concentrating on Woodwork you might have got yourself a better education ?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Thought of something wittier . Anyway ep, have you ever stopped to think that if you hadn't spent so much time concentrating on Woodwork you might have got yourself a better education ?
    Even my questionable education taught me that you don't put a space before a full stop or question mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Even my questionable education taught me that you don't put a space before a full stop or question mark.
    Just goes to show the injustices in this world ep , I have an O level in English Language and you have a CSE in woodwork . My grammar is c**p but then again I don't really care if I put as instead of has or of instead of off . Nor do I care if others do it as long as I can understand what there trying to say ( except chubby , haven't got a clue what he's on about most of ( or off ) the time ) . I know its important to you so I will try harder ( or get a grammar checker ) in any future correspondence my fiend.

I have five O levels in total , now they where( or were ) giving them out willy nilly in 79 ..........

Not in Woodwork though .
    Last edited by navypie; 20-10-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    I do find it interesting why some are unwilling to expand that generosity of human spirit to ALL people, not just ones they happen to meet in person. I suppose it depends on your default view of people.... I give them the benefit of the doubt and imagine that, like your friend, most people have a story that set them on a certain path. Whether it's their upbringing, experiences, a religion they were raised with or a geographic location they happen to have been born in. I might be wrong about some of them - they could just be irredeemably horrible people - but more often than not, people will surprise you.
    True in most cases, I think.

Referring to the last line in Sidders' opening post, I think the feeling of isolation and a need to belong lies behind the views of most extremists, whether they come from the right or the left, or identify with extreme interpretations of particular religions. There's always a strong element of wanting to control the world and impose their view on others, a desire which is often strongest amongst those who have grown up feeling they have little control over their environment or the direction of their life.
    Last edited by jackal2; 21-10-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    If you want a taster, Beechy, go to www.blackpotatoesthemusical.co.uk The West End is a far cry but at least we're on Lloyd Webber's table!
    Sid - I found this video online of one of the songs from your musical.....very nice, thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CnnZxefw

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789