+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Monty, please look away now.

O/T Monty, please look away now.

RIP Mireille Darc, ***iest lady I have ever seen

Absolute stunner. Died in August.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Absolute stunner. Died in August.
    Just read the obit in dentist waiting room

Sorry, no reproach implied, Patty. Just wanted to fill in the facts (and you couldn't have found out in a worse place!)

She was in that era of great French films and absolutely lit them up.

Thought this was going to be an RIP to Gord Downie who died yesterday as probably most on here don't know who he was except maybe a select few of our musical eclectics.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Sorry, no reproach implied, Patty. Just wanted to fill in the facts (and you couldn't have found out in a worse place!)

She was in that era of great French films and absolutely lit them up.
    Legs to die for.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Thought this was going to be an RIP to Gord Downie who died yesterday as probably most on here don't know who he was except maybe a select few of our musical eclectics.
    Have to confess I'm in the "don't know him" category. Looked him up, however, and liked his stuff. Seemed he was an excellent lyricist - far too young an age to die.

Canada has produced some cracking musicians/songwriters over the years, don't you think? This prompted me to check how old Gordon Lightfoot is and how he's doing. 80 next year and still performing. Also Ian Tyson (of Ian and Sylvia fame for those of a certain age.) Now 84 but his distinctive voice has gone sadly...

I probably wouldn't have heard of him CT had we not moved to the Pacific NW where we watch a lot of Canada's CBC which is very BBC like. He's been in the news a lot this past year since his diagnosis and featured in a live concert during the Olympics last year that was watched by 33% of the population. Like Canadians in most walks of life he flew under the world radar.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I probably wouldn't have heard of him CT had we not moved to the Pacific NW where we watch a lot of Canada's CBC which is very BBC like. He's been in the news a lot this past year since his diagnosis and featured in a live concert during the Olympics last year that was watched by 33% of the population. Like Canadians in most walks of life he flew under the world radar.
    Interesting that, CAM. I read that even PM Trudeau got a bit emotional when talking about him.

It's true that Canadians who became famous in Canada tend not to have been heard of outside the country - but there are also many who became famous largely after they left Canada to seek fame and fortune. I'm thinking of the likes of Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Michael J Fox, Donald Sutherland and of course Jeopardy's very own Alex Trebek!