+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shay Given on Ashley

Shay Given on Ashley

Surely this is reason enough to want anyone (within reason) to replace the fat kernt..

http://tinyurl.com/ybtwmyhv

Yes, I read an article about how Ashley and his cohorts treat him like sh!t after the loyal service he had given the club, he's one of many that they screwed. Wouldn't mind reading what went on. Hope it all falls into place and Ashley is gone by Christmas, onwards and upwards !

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Yes, I read an article about how Ashley and his cohorts treat him like sh!t after the loyal service he had given the club, he's one of many that they screwed. Wouldn't mind reading what went on. Hope it all falls into place and Ashley is gone by Christmas, onwards and upwards !
    Aye fingers and everything else crossed.
    Is the link not working? its from Shays' new book?

I'm looking forward to reading the book.

Where he says about Milner is interesting as well, how nobody was impressed they were selling off a solid professional.

The article today about the fights he saw was a good one - Carver and Bellemy in the airport trying to keep the press from getting photos.

I like Shay Given and he was loyal to us regardless but there's no smoke without fire.
    I believe it's a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other.
    Shay is trying to smooth the bedding. He's trying to calm the seas. He's trying to pacify the natives.

Ok I'm going on a bit.

Basically as I recall it from a fresh memory of it at the time....he jumped ship.
    That doesn't mean it's all his fault but when your club is going through turmoil as Newcastle was at the time...it's not really the time to start putting in ultimatums, is it?

I don't forget when he was out injured and came back to demand his place back or he leaves.
    The club probably did try to get one over on him but for me, the lure of Man City's wages and upmarket attitude, coupled with his agents nod nod wink wink demeanour....I'm sure Shay wasn't as gutted as he made out....UNTIL....it all went teets up.

That's my thoughts, which may be in some or many parts, wrong....or...they may be more closer to the truth. Who knows...because autobiographies can paint different pictures of the actual truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I like Shay Given and he was loyal to us regardless but there's no smoke without fire.
    I believe it's a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other.
    Shay is trying to smooth the bedding. He's trying to calm the seas. He's trying to pacify the natives.

Ok I'm going on a bit.

Basically as I recall it from a fresh memory of it at the time....he jumped ship.
    That doesn't mean it's all his fault but when your club is going through turmoil as Newcastle was at the time...it's not really the time to start putting in ultimatums, is it?

I don't forget when he was out injured and came back to demand his place back or he leaves.
    The club probably did try to get one over on him but for me, the lure of Man City's wages and upmarket attitude, coupled with his agents nod nod wink wink demeanour....I'm sure Shay wasn't as gutted as he made out....UNTIL....it all went teets up.

That's my thoughts, which may be in some or many parts, wrong....or...they may be more closer to the truth. Who knows...because autobiographies can paint different pictures of the actual truth.
    I tend to agree with this. If I remember rightly he nearly moved to Celtic before signing an improved contract with us.

It was probably as Ghost says. A six and two threes situation.

why should the club have any loyalty to any players
    the get paid huge amounts even when off sick unlike most working class people

they hold a gun to the clubs head when negotiating deals and wages
    most show no loyalty what so ever

his loyal service to the club ?????
    he didnt do it for nothing

i didnt see milner refuse the move or the wages or the signing on fee etc etc

a bunch of prima donas willing to knock anyone to sell a book and make more money from the club that paid them so well

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    why should the club have any loyalty to any players
    the get paid huge amounts even when off sick unlike most working class people

they hold a gun to the clubs head when negotiating deals and wages
    most show no loyalty what so ever

his loyal service to the club ?????
    he didnt do it for nothing

i didnt see milner refuse the move or the wages or the signing on fee etc etc

a bunch of prima donas willing to knock anyone to sell a book and make more money from the club that paid them so well
    Sh*t I´ve agreed with 2 of Pboro´s threads in a day - off to have a lie down.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Sh*t I´ve agreed with 2 of Pboro´s threads in a day - off to have a lie down.
    What so you and ghost/pboro,would waive £600,000..Pull the other fecker...
    Oops and Ged.

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    What so you and ghost/pboro,would waive £600,000..Pull the other fecker...
    Oops and Ged.
    Any player bleating about their employer not showing them loyalty when they are paid absolute fortunes doesn’t sit well with me. Sounds like Given expected special treatment for trying - it’s a sad reflection on the other players at the club at that time, if nothing else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)