+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: League Match 10: Brechin City v Queens

League Match 10: Brechin City v Queens

10th v 6th on Saturday at Glebe Park and Craig Charleston is the referee.

I said after ten minutes of our home game with Brechin that they would almost certainly be relegated. That is not to say that City are a bad team, just that they are a bit short of what's required in this league. Brechin haven't won yet but have been competitive at Glebe Park Therefore I expect us to edge them out by a single strike. Would like to see Rooney reinstated. Might have mentioned this before.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 18-10-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I said after ten minutes of our home game with Brechin that they would almost certainly be relegated. That is not to say that City are a bad team, just that they are a bit short of what's required in this league. Brechin haven't won yet but have been competitive at Glebe Park Therefore I expect us to edge them out by a single strike. Would like to see Rooney reinstated. Might have mentioned this before.

Rooney scored the only goal for the under 20’s last night . The manager hinted in his after match interview he might play 3 at the back which would give Rooney and another wingback a chance in the team this Saturday

PS - is Brechin actually a City ?

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Rooney scored the only goal for the under 20’s last night . The manager hinted in his after match interview he might play 3 at the back which would give Rooney and another wingback a chance in the team this Saturday

It has a cathedral but is definately not recognised as a city - it is actually quite a small town

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post

From Wiki.

Traditionally Brechin is often described as a city because of its cathedral and its status as the seat of a pre-Reformation Roman Catholic diocese (which continues today as an episcopal seat of the Scottish Episcopal Church), but that status has not been officially recognised in the modern era.

Loving this site's education angle now .

Queens should travel to Brechin with some confidence after two 0-0 draws in the league. Hopefully the Doonhamers strikers have their shooting boots on. I can see the same starting 11 as last week, though I wouldn't mind Lyle getting a start.

Great to be going back to Glebe Park again after we only visited once last time round as they kept having problems with the pitch and we should all remember what happened the last time we played them away at Station Park.

Fully expect Brechin to sit back today but hopefully Queens will take their chances when they come today and pick up a much needed win and 3 points.

I would like to see Rooney back in the starting line up today.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS King View Post
    Great to be going back to Glebe Park again after we only visited once last time round as they kept having problems with the pitch and we should all remember what happened the last time we played them away at Station Park.

Fully expect Brechin to sit back today but hopefully Queens will take their chances when they come today and pick up a much needed win and 3 points.

I would like to see Rooney back in the starting line up today.
    Wonder if Mr Naysmith has ever thought about giving (Micky) Rooney a wee run in the attack as he is bigger, quicker and more skilful than Dykes although the Aussie had his best game for many months against Montrose recently.

Queens Eleven:
    Martin
    Marshall
    Fordyce
    Brownlie
    Rankin
    Dobbie
    Jacobs
    Kerr
    McFadden
    Murray
    Dykes

Subs:
    Rooney
    Tapping
    Lyle
    Fergusson
    Leighfield
    Akubuine
    Mercer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)