+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving to the Upper Tier to improve home support/atmosphere

Moving to the Upper Tier to improve home support/atmosphere

You've probably already seen this, but I'm trying to get a good number of fans to move to the BLUT for an upcoming home match, with a view to more this season and hopefully on a permanent season ticket basis long term.

The aim is to get a group together up there to start the chants. It could have a big positive impact on our home support.

The response so far indicates over 130 are willing to do this.

I'll keep this thread updated with any key details.

Also on Twitter... https://twitter.com/BLUT_Blades
    Last edited by herbert; 18-10-2017 at 10:04 PM.

We’ll played mate. Sitting in the Westfield I’d sooner have Blades sat next to me than away fans and there were definitely more in the BLUT last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    We’ll played mate. Sitting in the Westfield I’d sooner have Blades sat next to me than away fans and there were definitely more in the BLUT last weekend.
    I was up there and I thought that too. Wonder why that was the case?

I noticed the Westfield Corner chanted a few times, that's an encouraging sign. If we get a group in the area I'm targeting just right of centre I'm sure they'll join in with a lot of the chants, same goes for the South Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Thought that too. But it must be some of the thousands of free tickets we give away for each home game.

hoping for 28k against dull so should be quite a few more up there

Excellent idea,one I fully back,the BLUT should never have away fans in it again,vocal backing from 3 different areas would be great

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Thought that too. But it must be some of the thousands of free tickets we give away for each home game.
    The free tickets they give out could present a problem at some stage. It seems that the central back 5 rows are set aside as freebies, I noticed a few academy players in that area v Ipswich. It also seems like a chunk of the block I'm targeting could have been set aside as freebies for the Reading game, although that's only happened in this last week before the game.

I'm hoping we can circumvent this potential issue by sorting our tickets out well in advance. For the other 3 home games currently on sale, pretty much every seat in the target area is available.

Can anyone on that end tell me if the Ipswich fans murmured anything last Sat,sat on the Kop its very hard to tell.

No brainer - its the best view in the ground and was never sure why we gave it to away fans in the first place

Since Bradford at home last season, I' already decided BLUT is the place to be. As others have previously said the view is outstanding and obviously provides the quickest access into Bramall Lane for most as well (more supping time down London Road!)

You may need to focus on a particular block to make sure your chant chorus are close together. But yeah, absolutely count me in for this initiative!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast