+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: away at Barnsley, at the end of season 89-90

away at Barnsley, at the end of season 89-90

Ok lets go back to the awful season 1989-90 (and yes I know we lost 7-0 at your place, but we were both in a relegation scrap that season anyway!!.)
    Heres some pics from our 2-2 draw at the end of that season, when your lot were wearing beach wear and bringing your ***y partners with you (who is that blow up doll by the way, and is she still available lol). Is there anybody on this board, in those pics ?.

Last edited by Acido; 18-10-2017 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ok lets go back to the awful season 1989-90 (and yes I know we lost 7-0 at your place, but we were both in a relegation scrap that season anyway!!.)
    Heres some pics from our 2-2 draw at the end of that season, when your lot were wearing beach wear and bringing your ***y partners with you (who is that blow up doll by the way, and is she still available lol). Is there anybody on this board, in those pics ?.

The guy with the blow up doll is HomeleighChris.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The guy with the blow up doll is HomeleighChris.
    No I cant beleive that Chris would lower himself like that, well not at Barnsley anyway.
    And who or what or where is Sandwell, I see you had that on your shirts that season.

And I know it looks bad (from back in the 80s) but that was Oakwell in those days and its what we could afford like many other teams at that time. But its our stadium of course and no matter what... its our HOME.

You are right Acido, it isn't me. I never wore such lurid skirts. Purple clashes with my complexion.

No I cant beleive that Chris would lower himself like that, well not at Barnsley anyway.
    And who or what or where is Sandwell, I see you had that on your shirts that season.

And I know it looks bad (from back in the 80s) but that was Oakwell in those days and its what we could afford like many other teams at that time. But its our stadium of course and no matter what... its our HOME.
    Looks bad? No way. Call me old fashioned but I think that open terracing on a lovely day looks reet grand, or whatever the expression is. Not so great in January though.

WBA 7 BARNSLEY 0 - I wuz there What a duffer of a manager was Alan Clarke Im sure he was touted as a future Albion manager I could be wrong. Anyway see link courtesy of Holmleigh;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RHvdl2EVrU

Remember going to this game in the back of a transit with a pub bench in it. Wore the spanking new England Italia 90 shirt. God I wished I still had that. First beach party if memory serves me correctly.

I was at the 7 nil (both of them).

The one mentioned by acido was Martyn Bennett's last game I think and he hit the crossbar, so it could have been more.

And while we're all peeing ourselves with laughter at that 7-0 match, Im struggling to find one of your wins at our place. Can somebody help me out there please ?.
    Btw Allan Clarke was sacked in the week just before that match in Nov '89, and sadly his second spell with us in the late 80s didnt live up to the first one that started in the late 70s. And isnt that a thing of the past as well now, the old Player-Manager role.

And while we're all peeing ourselves with laughter at that 7-0 match, Im struggling to find one of your wins at our place. Can somebody help me out there please ?
    Surely you have not forgotten the 1947-8 season when we won at your place 1-0? Scored by Walsh. Attendance 24,989

Nor the friendly in 1907-08 when we won 1-0 at your place. Scored by Shinton. Attendance 3,000

PS. No, I was not at either game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)