+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The U's (Oxford) v Millers

The U's (Oxford) v Millers

Yellow and blue, we might play in purple kit

I liked Wes Thomas and was hoping he'd stay worth us but he didn't I'll be slightly surprised if he doesn't score.

Not a bad side and I had us down for a draw (I know we don't do draws but it's got to happen at some point hasn't it?)
    But seeing that we lost to the dons then I'm hoping we put the right team out and win this one

Usual Food on concourse and alcohol

Cinema/Bowling complex have fast food and bar, Sky tv , Chinese buffet and chippy on site also

Sounds like holiday inn express have stopped allowing away fans in their bar

There's some pubs that are around 20 + mins walk

Parking at the ground is free so you can imagine it gets full quickly , also some parking near the complex (not sure if that's free)
    Don't park on grass verge, you might end up with a ticket

COME ON YOU MILLERS!
    Last edited by millertop; 19-10-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yellow and blue, we might have to mix our kit up depending if the purple shorts clash with theirs or we might change socks if we play in black . .

I liked Wes Thomas and was hoping he'd stay worth us but he didn't I'll be slightly surprised if he doesn't score.

Not a bad side and I had us down for a draw (I know we don't do draws but it's got to happen at some point hasn't it?)
    But seeing that we lost to the dons then I'm hoping we put the right team out and win this one

Usual Food on concourse and alcohol

Cinema/Bowling complex have fast food and bar, Sky tv , Chinese buffet and chippy on site also

Sounds like holiday inn express have stopped allowing away fans in their bar

There's some pubs that are around 20 + mins walk

Parking at the ground is free so you can imagine it gets full quickly , also some parking near the complex (not sure if that's free)
    Don't park on grass verge, you might end up with a ticket.

COME ON YOU MILLERS!

Doing my head in site, I did edit which came on another page
    Last edited by millertop; 19-10-2017 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Logged me out then edit put on another page. Useless

It's also their military day for this game with things going on around the ground, usual salute from Thomas if he scores

Might take some parking spaces up, tank and helicopter on show

Fly past before kick off if weather permits , get in early

After all that I don't know if any of their players are injured or suspended

We have Vaulks on 4 yellows and Potter but he won't be playing, Frecks/Taylor could be in team, Purrington still out, Wiles could be on bench and get a few minutes depending how the game is going
    Last edited by millertop; 19-10-2017 at 10:36 AM.

We have to score first it’s that simple.
    Going down Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    We have to score first it’s that simple.
    Going down Friday night.
    Will you be joining them in uniform?

If you (like me) have not been before, just a warning that the ground is several miles out of the city
    on the south side... really glad that the early plans for the NYS as a out-of-town ground were abandoned!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Will you be joining them in uniform?
    I would but my washing machine has shrunk my uniform.

Only my boots fit now. 😆

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    If you (like me) have not been before, just a warning that the ground is several miles out of the city
    on the south side... really glad that the early plans for the NYS as a out-of-town ground were abandoned!

A know it's about 4ish mil from oxford, anyone done the train route before? It's the bus from outside the station on the outward part of the journey for me, but where do you catch the bus on the way back? Anyone done it before? Taxi ain't an option by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    A know it's about 4ish mil from oxford, anyone done the train route before? It's the bus from outside the station on the outward part of the journey for me, but where do you catch the bus on the way back? Anyone done it before? Taxi ain't an option by the way.
    Ask the driver when he drops you off

Why don't our club inform us on what's to be expected on away days?

Apart from the military day, there will be a collections boxes for this btw

New parking rules will be in force, the East parking will only open from 12 noon now and once full it will shut.
    Away fans are adviced to use the West parking.
    This is due to fans blocking ramps/gates off for the disabled and using disabled bays (morons)
    I'd look for alternative parking just in case

This can be found on Oxford official site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast