+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amanda Staveley

Amanda Staveley

Disappointing that someone born in Ripon couldn't have been tempted into investing in us rather than Newcastle.

Given her track record at man City we could've really used all her connections.

All those years since 2008 and the city takeover. I wonder if anyone ever thought to approach her.

She's an Investment Broker.
    Middle East connections.
    Any club will do remit.

We've been their 'patsy' before - No thanks !
    Last edited by MrsORichSenior; 19-10-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Not sure man City fans would see it that way. I'd be more than happy for us to have been a patsy like them over the last ten years.

Emirate’s Sheikh Mansour and his sovereign Abu Dhabi state billions are a totally different to the investment chancers Amanda Staverley has got on her books, so the likes of others like GFH (Gulf Finance House) which is an Islamic investment bank with headquarters in Bahrain are not the saviours folk might suggest that she's representing.Last year the Scousers gave her short shrift over an attempted buy out with her Chinese investors looking to make a cheap buck - to many foreign investors looking for favourable Banking facilities from the English financial houses like Barclays who handle Sheikh Mansours account and his clubs losses which he can obviously afford and pay all the FFP fines off too.
    Would anybody do business with Ashley,same mould as Bates - Geordies deserve better IMO.
    Happy to have the transparency of the Rad personally at our helm.
    MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Emirate’s Sheikh Mansour and his sovereign Abu Dhabi state billions are a totally different to the investment chancers Amanda Staverley has got on her books, so the likes of others like GFH (Gulf Finance House) which is an Islamic investment bank with headquarters in Bahrain are not the saviours folk might suggest that she's representing.Last year the Scousers gave her short shrift over an attempted buy out with her Chinese investors looking to make a cheap buck - to many foreign investors looking for favourable Banking facilities from the English financial houses like Barclays who handle Sheikh Mansours account and his clubs losses which he can obviously afford and pay all the FFP fines off too.
    Would anybody do business with Ashley,same mould as Bates - Geordies deserve better IMO.
    Happy to have the transparency of the Rad personally at our helm.
    MOT
    You know Staveley organised the whole Man City takeover right? She was the key player in brokering that particular deal. As you say, very different from the GFH issues, and not really anything to do with her, so i'm not sure why you are linking her to GFH.

I don't really want anyone of this type at Elland Road tbh, but in the end that's the reality of football now. Leicester's owners cosy up to a corrupt Thai regime. Mansoor and his ilk in Abu Dhabi have all sorts of reported human rights violation. Abramovich bought Russia's state oil for nothing as a result of his dealings after communism collapsed.

I would be happy for Manny Cussins to come back and save us, but you know what? If we want to somehow get back into contention nationally and internationally, we're going to have to end up with money from somewhere. And the money nowadays isn't in legit furniture stores.

The fact is that if we're ever going to compete, we're going to need a lot more money that Radrizzani has, whether we like it/him or not.

My post basically stated the fact that Staveley is from Yorkshire, organised and arranged the Man City deal, and somehow we missed that particular boat. I'm not saying she's perfect by any means, but surely you recognise that having made MC one of the top 5 teams in the world through her contacts (finance and staff-wise), she must have some merit in the football finance world, even if it's only for pushing (an awful lot of) dirty money the way of the clubs she gets involved with.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes at Newcastle - i don't think it'll make any difference for them, because ultimately much comes down to where top players want to live. They can just about stand Manchester (and Leeds, if we ever start attracting those players again) because it's commutable to London in a car, or all over the world in a plane.

Stick them in Newcastle and they leave within a year, as Toon fans have recognised over the last 10-15 years - so no matter how much money Staveley finds to throw at them, i would think they will always be also-rans.

Many good points you've made and interesting view on Mr Cussins of which I incidentally have a few pieces of his wares in our home,so that gives an indication of our ages. ☺️
    Agree with your synopsis of money & finance regarding football and PSG in Paris are another example of how Leeds should not go IMO.
    Players will also drift south as you state,the music business was similar but the internet has changed all that giving kids scope to make great sounds from homes in unfashionable suburbs and then getting it aired globally - football clubs to are now marketed to some degree in the same way via presentations to investors whose only interest is the financial return sadly.
    PCP,Staverleys firm obviously get deals done to loud applause and huge profit which is not always the case and many NDA's could tell a tale on that front. Yorkshire does hold a lot of individuals with wealth who for whatever reason were not tempted into football so I suppose Amanda Staverleys London Park Lane address was not on the Leeds mailing list at her request.
    Not the Forum for my politics but I note your views and it'll be a shame if the Geordies do fall from local connection English hands after all this time.
    One final point - you've a great eye for detail and put opinions across well regarding Leeds.I enjoy reading your comments so keep 'em rolling.👍
    MOT

Many good points you've made and interesting view on Mr Cussins of which I incidentally have a few pieces of his wares in our home,so that gives an indication of our ages. ☺️
    Agree with your synopsis of money & finance regarding football and PSG in Paris are another example of how Leeds should not go IMO.
    Players will also drift south as you state,the music business was similar but the internet has changed all that giving kids scope to make great sounds from homes in unfashionable suburbs and then getting it aired globally - football clubs to are now marketed to some degree in the same way via presentations to investors whose only interest is the financial return sadly.
    PCP,Staverleys firm obviously get deals done to loud applause and huge profit which is not always the case and many NDA's could tell a tale on that front. Yorkshire does hold a lot of individuals with wealth who for whatever reason were not tempted into football so I suppose Amanda Staverleys London Park Lane address was not on the Leeds mailing list at her request.
    Not the Forum for my politics but I note your views and it'll be a shame if the Geordies do fall from local connection English hands after all this time.
    One final point - you've a great eye for detail and put opinions across well regarding Leeds.I enjoy reading your comments so keep 'em rolling.��
    MOT
    I long for the days of the local ownership/local player (or at least players that stay from youth through to retirement). How special the Celtic win in 67 was - all the players, plus virtually every backroom staff member born within 15 miles of Glasgow. That was the greatest win in world football in my opinion - kind of like winning a world cup, but in club football.

Anyway, good to chew the fat - we agree on a lot. Hopefully we can see Mr Radrizzani take us where we all want to go, and without some of the pitfalls and dirty work that others thrive on....

"The fact is that if we're ever going to compete, we're going to need a lot more money that Radrizzani has, whether we like it/him or not. " And that's the really interesting point about Leeds United, whilst the Sothamptons, Watfords, Burnleys, Stokes, WBAs, Swanseas etc have shown that it's possible to get to the Premier League with good management, prudent investment and a bit of luck, (and stay there, and do fk all apart from battle to finish anywhere below the top 6), none of those clubs have the fanbase and infrastructure that LUFC could have. So if Radz can get us there I think there's every likelihood that LUFC will become a really serious investment opportunity. Now whether that's the type of club we all want is of course a completely different question.......

An old friend (or foe) of this Forum has politely asked me to post his view on this thread ..........
    ........ so as he's back from Holland at the 'mo and attending games what the hell - ALAW.
    Roseylee I'll put it on yer tab

Today at 12.06 am
    hi, mrs o,

you are turning in to an apologist for all that goes on at elland road simply because you can afford to follow the club all around the country even though you live in france .

meanwhile wtf as had a personality transplant since i was posting on leeds mad a few years ago , he is now following the mantra of questioning and belittling how this club is been run like i did a few years ago . and seeing this club as been out of the premier league for the best part of fif**** years , he is the only one who as a point now .

the excuses ran out a long time ago , many fans have had enough of one excuse after another and simply want to see leeds back in the premier league . unfortunately while you continue to have a succession of owners who are not prepared to put the money where it matters into building a team , instead of offshore bank accounts like bates or court fees and making sure a certain yacht will not be be put into customs and excise through unpaid taxes and various other misdemeanours like cellino or finally having an owner like signor radrizaani whose only ambition is to pump his money into building a new training ground and developing the stadium for his own personal gain before he sells up to yet another non entity as an owner , we will continue to go nowhere .

this club will not reach the premier league unless serious finances are put in to the playing squad first and foremost, THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO 99 PER PER CENT OF FANS WHO FOLLOW THIS CLUB .

please post this on leeds mad because even the few who still post on there must realise that you cannot live in a fantasy world forever , something me and a very small minority were saying a very long time ago, not trying to be divisive, but simply been very realistic which many could simply not accept .

there is no need to argue anymore , the facts and the time been taken to restore this club back to its former glories , speak volumes , many fans will be wondering whether they will ever see leeds back in the top flight before they are pushing up the daisies haha

all the best

roseylee

An old friend (or foe) of this Forum has politely asked me to post his view on this thread ..........
    ........ so as he's back from Holland at the 'mo and attending games what the hell - ALAW.
    Roseylee I'll put it on yer tab

Today at 12.06 am
    hi, mrs o,

you are turning in to an apologist for all that goes on at elland road simply because you can afford to follow the club all around the country even though you live in france .

meanwhile wtf as had a personality transplant since i was posting on leeds mad a few years ago , he is now following the mantra of questioning and belittling how this club is been run like i did a few years ago . and seeing this club as been out of the premier league for the best part of fif**** years , he is the only one who as a point now .

the excuses ran out a long time ago , many fans have had enough of one excuse after another and simply want to see leeds back in the premier league . unfortunately while you continue to have a succession of owners who are not prepared to put the money where it matters into building a team , instead of offshore bank accounts like bates or court fees and making sure a certain yacht will not be be put into customs and excise through unpaid taxes and various other misdemeanours like cellino or finally having an owner like signor radrizaani whose only ambition is to pump his money into building a new training ground and developing the stadium for his own personal gain before he sells up to yet another non entity as an owner , we will continue to go nowhere .

this club will not reach the premier league unless serious finances are put in to the playing squad first and foremost, THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO 99 PER PER CENT OF FANS WHO FOLLOW THIS CLUB .

please post this on leeds mad because even the few who still post on there must realise that you cannot live in a fantasy world forever , something me and a very small minority were saying a very long time ago, not trying to be divisive, but simply been very realistic which many could simply not accept .

there is no need to argue anymore , the facts and the time been taken to restore this club back to its former glories , speak volumes , many fans will be wondering whether they will ever see leeds back in the top flight before they are pushing up the daisies haha

all the best

roseylee

Well let's state the bleedin' obvious shall we........

Must be doing something right on here in our fantasy world if he can't seem to keep away.....reslistically speaking you understand.
    Happy to see he's back from Holland to follow his team who haven't got a chance.......I mean a realistic chance.

ALAW.....apparently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)