+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott McKenna

£300k according to the Sun today. Nigel Adkins admits they will be putting in an improved 2nd offer. Typical cheek from down south and I think it's safe to say he wont be going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    £300k according to the Sun today. Nigel Adkins admits they will be putting in an improved 2nd offer. Typical cheek from down south and I think it's safe to say he wont be going anywhere.
    Agreed. It was a bit of a cheeky bid. No way will Hull be coming in with any decent offer so the club should be more than confident that he will be staying put. Unless Milne overrules anyone and accepts the next bid which will be closer to £500,000.

We shouldnae even take the call fae that Adkins, or any c u nt at Hull.
    They're taking the pi55.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Being a centre half in my day I love watching McKenna. He is exactly what a CB should be. He plays exactly how my managers wanted me to play Nae fancy Dan sh@t just the, ill keep it away from the goal other folk do the rest approach. His job is to keep the ball away from the goal. He is simplistic in how he does it but he does it. Old school and ace
    Part of the reason Scotland are so shTye are cause our defenders seem to lack any basic skills? These are supposedly professional footballers and yet have no idea on how to get your head up, and pass a simple ball into the midfield. It's ridiculous to say all they should be able to do is keep the ball from the net. Yes that's there primary role but good teams (wether it be club or country) have defenders who can actually play football.

By the way mcKenna ain't fast. Perhaps being next to Considine makes him look like Usain Bolt!

We are obviously viewed as a soft touch down South as no other club seems to get such derisory offers for players. Signed up for years to come and already a decent player with only signs that he is heading in the right direction and we get offered 300k whilst other clubs get ridiculous figures offered for players that have barely kicked a first team ball. If he is good enough for them to want him then he is obviously worth more than they are trying to con us with. The only worry is Milne's shrewd business sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    Part of the reason Scotland are so shTye are cause our defenders seem to lack any basic skills? These are supposedly professional footballers and yet have no idea on how to get your head up, and pass a simple ball into the midfield. It's ridiculous to say all they should be able to do is keep the ball from the net. Yes that's there primary role but good teams (wether it be club or country) have defenders who can actually play football.

By the way mcKenna ain't fast. Perhaps being next to Considine makes him look like Usain Bolt!
    Passing a ball into midfield is part of the simple skills a CB needs then the midfield take over from there. That's what im getting at. But the main objective is to defend your goal. That he does very well. You don't need to be making any runs or fancy sh@t. Strong in the air, strong in the tackle, stay on your feet, simple ball when possible, get rid if in doubt, good verbals. If a CB does all of that hes a good centre half. As for pace, if you can read a game you don't need pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    As for pace, if you can read a game you don't need pace.
    I'm pretty confident that I, now (middle aged, overweight, as uncoordinated as Donald Trump trying to read) could have given Willie Miller in his prime a decent foot race.

But in his lengthy career I could probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times he got done on pace.
    "The first ten yards are in your head" as the saying goes.

Classy fast skilful centre halfs are like hens teeth.
    If we had one I'd be looking at asking 50 million for him.

McKenna will do me.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 14-01-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I'm pretty confident that I, now (middle aged, overweight, as uncoordinated as Donald Trump trying to read) could have given Willie Miller in his prime a decent foot race.

But in his lengthy career I could probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times he got done on pace.
    "The first ten yards are in your head" as the saying goes.
    God was streetwise as well being from where he's from. I know his old coach pre Aberdeen days and he said he was handy to have going into certain places and would run through a brick wall and come out unscathed. Being a silky defender is the modern way but I'd sooner have a street wise one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    I was of the opinion that McKenna was fast for a centre half. A few times this season I seem to remember him covering the ground very rapidly. Maybe I am mistaken though.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast