+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Scott McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    good point Pacman. The good thing is he is a young player who has grabbed his chance (primarily due to the ineptness of the defenders in the current squad) and as a result he is attracting attention from others. I'm just hoping there is a footballer in him, firstly as the 1st team will benefit from that but also as that will be the difference in the club making a serious amount of money rather than a few 100k.
    To be honest, and this possibly speaks to a paucity of ambition on my behalf, I'd like him to be a good, steady, strong, non-bombscare centre half that ends up oor captain and gets a testimonial.

If he rises above that we'll get coin for him doon the line right enough, but it'd be good to get some long (ish) term stability at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He shouldn't be diving into tackles. Good defenders stay on their feet
    His last game against Hearts he was phenomenal.
    Didn't put a foot wrong and mopped up the whole game.
    Was unlucky at the other end too

anyway, he still has 3 1/2 years on his contract, so any offer needs to reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Agreed. It was a bit of a cheeky bid. No way will Hull be coming in with any decent offer so the club should be more than confident that he will be staying put. Unless Milne overrules anyone and accepts the next bid which will be closer to £500,000.
    Didn't Hull pay £3M for Robertson from Dundee Utd?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Nah, they paid it straight into Jackie McNamaras bank account

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I can’t remember exactly what they paid to be honest. I would only sell McKenna for £2m but I would be surprised if Milne turns down a £500,000 bid for him. McKenna is a decent defender who is learning his way in the game...Milne is an inept chairman who can’t be trusted.

McInnes just said in his press conference for tomorrows game that Scott McKenna will remain our player for the rest of the season.

Does that mean he will be sold in the summer or am I reading too much into that?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    McInnes just said in his press conference for tomorrows game that Scott McKenna will remain our player for the rest of the season.

Does that mean he will be sold in the summer or am I reading too much into that?
    Didn't he say something along the lines that "he'll be sold at some point" when this all came out? Absolutely no issues with that. Sounds like there's some agreement though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Didn't he say something along the lines that "he'll be sold at some point" when this all came out? Absolutely no issues with that. Sounds like there's some agreement though.
    Yeah he said he would be sold once he has played 150 games for us and has broken into the Scotland squad.

That comment today sounds a bit like Hayes last January as in stay with us for the rest of the season and you can go in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Front page splash & most of P&J's (not mine...) back page saying Hull ready to lodge 3rd bid.
    Of course when you read the actual article, Adkins says nothing of the sort...
    Think this can now be filed under "English taking the p1ss" and it's dead and a non-story.

When offer 2 doesn't top offer 1, they're not suddenly going to go from £350k to £750k for example....or whatever price would make us think about selling.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast