+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Scott McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Agreed. It was a bit of a cheeky bid. No way will Hull be coming in with any decent offer so the club should be more than confident that he will be staying put. Unless Milne overrules anyone and accepts the next bid which will be closer to £500,000.
    It didn't say as much but I got the impression from reading that piece this morning that the guy Adkins realised the first bid was a bit disrespectful and a tad embarrassing so I wouldn't be surprised if the second bid is more than your 500k. That said, I still don't think it will be enough to interest anyone involved.

Second bid rejected apparently,just the 300k offered again but repackaged whatever that means.I presume it’s 300k with different add ons maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Second bid rejected apparently,just the 300k offered again but repackaged whatever that means.I presume it’s 300k with different add ons maybe.
    You're joking? Oh well take no notice of post#41

I said better get a pic with the loon before you've got a Hull top on. "Well, that's not happening". from the man himself.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    I said better get a pic with the loon before you've got a Hull top on. "Well, that's not happening". from the man himself.
    That's almost exactly the same as the man himself said to us before the game yesterday, one of the lads I was with asked him about it and he replied and said "yes they have made an offer and the club have been open with me and kept me up to speed about it all, but to be quite frank i'm not interested in going anywhere anytime soon"

Good on ye Scott

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    That's almost exactly the same as the man himself said to us before the game yesterday, one of the lads I was with asked him about it and he replied and said "yes they have made an offer and the club have been open with me and kept me up to speed about it all, but to be quite frank i'm not interested in going anywhere anytime soon"

Good on ye Scott

SF
    That's very good to hear

I see they're only a point above relegation.
    Hope the cheeky cod head w*nks go down!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Passing a ball into midfield is part of the simple skills a CB needs then the midfield take over from there. That's what im getting at. But the main objective is to defend your goal. That he does very well. You don't need to be making any runs or fancy sh@t. Strong in the air, strong in the tackle, stay on your feet, simple ball when possible, get rid if in doubt, good verbals. If a CB does all of that hes a good centre half. As for pace, if you can read a game you don't need pace.
    I'm not talking about pace, i'm talking about the simple basic skills which very few Scottish defenders seem to have. It frustrates the h#ll out of me when i see defenders passing the ball side ways 2-3 times waiting for a midfielder to come deep and basically do the work for them.

When a midfielder doesn't do that (usually because the defence has spent the last 2 mins passing it across the back and any midfielders making good runs or looking for it to be passed to there feet they have been picked up by opposing midfielders) then they revert to a ludicrous hoof ball which either goes out of play or ends up giving the ball to the opposition.

I've seen Scott play a few times over the last few years at the Glebe Brechin and always thought he looked solid and a lad who liked to take responsibility. So it comes as little surprise to see him coming in and doing well, how good he will be (and eventual worth) will depend on his ability as footballer and not just his ability dive into tackles and head the ball. (hence a bid for 300k and not 3 million)

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    I'm not talking about pace, i'm talking about the simple basic skills which very few Scottish defenders seem to have. It frustrates the h#ll out of me when i see defenders passing the ball side ways 2-3 times waiting for a midfielder to come deep and basically do the work for them.

When a midfielder doesn't do that (usually because the defence has spent the last 2 mins passing it across the back and any midfielders making good runs or looking for it to be passed to there feet they have been picked up by opposing midfielders) then they revert to a ludicrous hoof ball which either goes out of play or ends up giving the ball to the opposition.

I've seen Scott play a few times over the last few years at the Glebe Brechin and always thought he looked solid and a lad who liked to take responsibility. So it comes as little surprise to see him coming in and doing well, how good he will be (and eventual worth) will depend on his ability as footballer and not just his ability dive into tackles and head the ball. (hence a bid for 300k and not 3 million)
    He shouldn't be diving into tackles. Good defenders stay on their feet

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He shouldn't be diving into tackles. Good defenders stay on their feet
    good point Pacman. The good thing is he is a young player who has grabbed his chance (primarily due to the ineptness of the defenders in the current squad) and as a result he is attracting attention from others. I'm just hoping there is a footballer in him, firstly as the 1st team will benefit from that but also as that will be the difference in the club making a serious amount of money rather than a few 100k.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast