+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shaun Miller

Shaun Miller

I hope he learned this *after* he left us ......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41680847

Ask a Vale fan and they’ll say he was at it before. And I don’t mean the average Vale fan lol

Actually, now you come to mention it, I think I know what you are referring to. And if I recall, it was about the same time that Mad Micky had a pop at DG.
    I seem to recall Powell often "lost his balance easily" in the 18 yard box too.
    Ok, hands up, they are ALL at it!!

Given Miller's propensity for spending as much of the 90 minutes off-side as he possibly can, I am surprised he got caught diving, on side.
    Whether Dario was right or wrong about Miller, the then boss's riposte was brilliant. 1. it was a direct rebuttal; 2. it would have scared the Alex squad into playing proper football, not theatrics.

It will be interesting to see how the investigation into the Silva penalty (Man City) incident against Burnley transpires. Did he dive or not? Very theatrical, I here, when he went down under the goalie's challenge. If he did in fact make a meal of it, then hopefully there will be justice served and no prejudice because it is the PL. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the investigation into the Silva penalty (Man City) incident against Burnley transpires. Did he dive or not? Very theatrical, I here, when he went down under the goalie's challenge. If he did in fact make a meal of it, then hopefully there will be justice served and no prejudice because it is the PL. We will see.
    Latest from the BBC: Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva will not face a Football Association charge for the incident that led to a penalty against Burnley. "If I kicked my kid in the garden, I don't think he would fall like that," said Burnley boss Sean Dyche.

"For him to get that high off the floor with his arms above his head is almost a skill in itself. I was quite impressed with how far he travelled."

So with reference to the Shaun Miller incident, is it a case of one law for the PL and another for those lower down the pecking order? I would guess it was.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    "If I kicked my kid in the garden, I don't think he would fall like that," said Burnley boss Sean Dyche

And that is the point that all the ex-pros (and pundits) conveniently ignore.
    "There was contact!" they say.
    So what? - never anywhere near enough for a player to go down like that.
    Never a pen in a million years.
    Silva and Man City have got away with one - what a surprise!!
    Makes me mad .....