+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would we want Calvert-Lewin back when

Would we want Calvert-Lewin back when

we fly up and Everton get relegated?
    It's a no from me Bob.

Not if the rumours of the remuneration he receives under his new deal are anywhere remotely near the truth.
    Of course, this is only rumour, so is probably complete and utter nonsense - but in today’s PL................... who knows?

I’ll stick by what I said when we sold him. I wasn’t really that impressed with him when he played for us and I thought we’d got a good deal. And to be honest, I’ve not really seen him stand out for Everton when I’ve watched them on the box, very much seemed to do just enough except for one game when he made a superb cross that resulted in a goal.

So my answer would be no, but of course people will have seen much more of him than I have, and the management and staff at Everton must see something in the kid.

I can't speak for them, but I would guess that the Dream Team of Tufty and Knilly want players who want to be here, not ones who wanted to leave for a bigger club. Not that I'm blaming the lad, but having players here who live and breathe the Blades is paying dividends and I think it would be a retrograde step to look at players like DCL, even hypothetically.

I knew he wouldn't be with us long when he made his debut. Tho I thought he would drift through the leagues the other way.

I know he's only young and could develop, but he looks so far out of his depth every time I've seen him for Everton

Everton fans rate him...

Koeman is definitely being sacked within the next 24 hours IMO. But could that mean a 100k a week swoop for Tufty. Then the question is who leaves us in January if the unthinkable was to happen. So would Tufty sell us CL or a swap deal for a certain you know who. Scaring myself now.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    Koeman is definitely being sacked within the next 24 hours IMO. But could that mean a 100k a week swoop for Tufty. Then the question is who leaves us in January if the unthinkable was to happen. So would Tufty sell us CL or a swap deal for a certain you know who. Scaring myself now.
    As much as CW has a phenomenal record, he is also 'not the right sort' for the likes of Everton, imo. A straight talking Sheffielder who nearly fell off the top of a bus, pissed. No.

Anyway, current times at United are just an alignment of the planets, one of those rare moments where everything just fits together and works. If we maintain this progress, we have a realistic chance of getting up first time. Three back to back promotions, or straight into a relegation dog-fight with an ill-balanced squad? He'd be crazy to stop surfing this right now.

Everton are a car crash,like the pigs.
    Dyche,Coleman and Moyes are hot favourites to replace the hapless Koeman.
    Wilder is going nowhere simpleh because he's busy taking us somewhere. Loveleh.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Everton are a car crash,like the pigs.
    Dyche,Coleman and Moyes are hot favourites to replace the hapless Koeman.
    Wilder is going nowhere simpleh because he's busy taking us somewhere. Loveleh.
    Agree with the last posts above. 100%. Thing is if he went there, sorted the squad out in January, potentially with 1 or 2 from us, he'd turn it around.

Thank god he's a blade, because otherwise our relative seasons could take a very big turn. However name your price on a lucrative contract. Gonna take a very principled man to not think about it.

But like mentioned, he might be the messiah for us but completely off the radar for PL teams. Thankfully. Unless they see it as a way to get Brooksy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast