+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Emigrating ??

O/T Emigrating ??

Just got the news on and they went over to Barcelona covering the independence malarky .

Middle of october , sunshine and folk walking up and down the streets in t shirt and shorts , two hours away on a plane , not to be sniffed at .

Anybody considered emigrating or you have emigrated or even emigrated , couldn't settle and came home .

JLO and myself want to do it once we can retire , ha ha , don't hold your breath me thinks .

Where would you go if you could make a better life abroad ?
    Last edited by animallittle3; 16-10-2017 at 11:32 AM.

How old a tha and how long does tha think this country's got befooar it's totally ----ed ? Mek sure thi pension arrangements are sooarted.

Canada, New Zealand, Australia wud be favourites fo me.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    How old a tha and how long does tha think this country's got befooar it's totally ----ed ? Mek sure thi pension arrangements are sooarted.

Canada, New Zealand, Australia wud be favourites fo me.
    If I was younger SB and having the problems the younger generation have today working harder for a lot less , can't buy a house or rent taking all your income I'd be off .

I'm in the feet up , done my whack camp and wanting a warmer climate , especially in winter .

Im 55 but the snag is JLO is 12 years younger than me , not going to finish work together realistically .

Then tha's got problem if I pass away first and we've sold up lock stock n barrel she's left on her own in a foreign country .

Lots of things to consider wi this malarky .

Do some research before you go into what happens if one of you dies over there.
    Not a very happy subject, but something you should look at.
    My sister moved to Turkey (not a place I would ever choose) and her husband died 3 years ago.
    Women have no standing out there, she couldn't even get money out of their joint account. She still can't sell the house or even the car.
    Costly letters to embassies and solicitors. All very upsetting when you're not at your best to start with.
    They have strange laws on property etc in a few countries. Not all as fair as ours.
    I couldn't do it, but I quite fancy a few months a year in Portugal.
    We go to lovely, friendly fishing village called Feragudo every year.
    Great little bars and restaurants and very few tourists. Look it up.

Regardless of how bad it gets over here. I don't think there is anywhere else I'd rather be.

Portugal for me. Olhos dAgua, or Lagos. Av even found a little place. Just need to win half time draw

I wouldn't be able to emigrate even if I won some money. Laura loves her job that much she'd do it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I wouldn't be able to emigrate even if I won some money. Laura loves her job that much she'd do it for free.
    I'm scratching my head now trying to work out what job could be that good... Is she a wine taster?

She works at Primark. She loves the gossip even goes in on her days off. Does my head in. We'll go into town for shopping and she leaves me in County Borough or Rhinos whilst she pops into Primark.

All is not lost.
    My Mrs is HR manager at Primark.
    They've asked for people to set up stores in France, Spain, Portugal & USA recently.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast