+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday.

[QUOTE=Oldtimeram;38684615]We are not good enough to go up but I think it is a rebuilding season.

Absolutely OT....

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Or even 7 goals....
    I stand corrected by Peter_Pedantic....think I was referring to League goals but you're right and they all count.

A very underwhelming performance.

We started well, probably down to knowing that Wendy have shipped more goals in the opening 15 minutes of game than anybody else this season so far. We got the penalty and Vyds put it away. We then moved the ball well for the next 10 minutes and I thought we might destroy them.

Then we took our foot off the gas, slowed play down. Fair play to Wendy, they were very organised when down to 10 men. As soon as we got the ball they put up 2 banks of 4 and, as we all know, Derby struggle to beat that tactic. We didn't help ourselves by adding a penchant to attack through the middle rather than going down the outside. Stretch the opposition by playing wide and moving the ball quickly is what we should have done. When they have the ball, press them. That is how to play against 10 men. We didn't, don't but should.

If these tactics are GRs wishes then he needs a talking to.

3 points was what we wanted and got but we showed in the opening 15 what we can do and we should have continued to do that. When something works, keep on doing it. Don't go 1 up and then sit back. We have seen all too often how that comes back to bite us........

Westwood didn’t help the game either by time wasting as always and slowing the play down and not allowing us to play our normal game and frustrating us at every turn.

Norwich will tell us a lot!! They seem to be playing well at present and they usually stuff us at their place! Be in our faces from the start which we don't like. A good test coming!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Norwich will tell us a lot!! They seem to be playing well at present and they usually stuff us at their place! Be in our faces from the start which we don't like. A good test coming!!
    Hopefully they'll be knackered after their exploits this afternoon and their midweek trip to the Emirates.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    A very underwhelming performance.

We started well, probably down to knowing that Wendy have shipped more goals in the opening 15 minutes of game than anybody else this season so far. We got the penalty and Vyds put it away. We then moved the ball well for the next 10 minutes and I thought we might destroy them.

Then we took our foot off the gas, slowed play down. Fair play to Wendy, they were very organised when down to 10 men. As soon as we got the ball they put up 2 banks of 4 and, as we all know, Derby struggle to beat that tactic. We didn't help ourselves by adding a penchant to attack through the middle rather than going down the outside. Stretch the opposition by playing wide and moving the ball quickly is what we should have done. When they have the ball, press them. That is how to play against 10 men. We didn't, don't but should.

If these tactics are GRs wishes then he needs a talking to.

3 points was what we wanted and got but we showed in the opening 15 what we can do and we should have continued to do that. When something works, keep on doing it. Don't go 1 up and then sit back. We have seen all too often how that comes back to bite us........
    According to Radio Derby Rowett was fuming about the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharlieGeorge View Post
    According to Radio Derby Rowett was fuming about the performance.
    So he should, we should of got a lot more out of that game when they were down to 10 men we became sloppy soon as we got our first goal we decided to lay back and be relaxed and happy to sit out a 1-0 advantage and at times Sheffield Wednesday looked like they could get a goal themselves in parts but again we managed to see it out and bagged a 2nd but yet again we make it hard for ourselves when there is no need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    We are not good enough to go up but I think it is a rebuilding season. I just wish GR had not bigged us up so much at the beginning of the season
    Think you're probably right OTR, but if we just stay in touch till Jan and then actually get a couple of the right signings over the line I think we're still in with as much of a shout of the playoffs as anyone else. Mind you there'll be plenty of other clubs - most of the current top 16/17 - thinking the same thing this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Think you're probably right OTR, but if we just stay in touch till Jan and then actually get a couple of the right signings over the line I think we're still in with as much of a shout of the playoffs as anyone else. Mind you there'll be plenty of other clubs - most of the current top 16/17 - thinking the same thing this season.
    Difficult to see the players we have been linked with( kieftenbald, david Davis , che Adams,) improving the squad to be honest

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)