+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday.

Sheffield Wednesday.

Was quietly confident about tomorrow but with there being some doubt about Keogh and some sort of sickness bug amongst the squad this week I'm not so sure.
    Wednesday are too good to keep underachieving and they have something to prove. Would have gone for a two or three nil routine win...hope we're still up for it and it's not a case of 'after the Lord Mayor's show'. Thoughts?

Nah a scrappy 1-0 win

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Was quietly confident about tomorrow but with there being some doubt about Keogh and some sort of sickness bug amongst the squad this week I'm not so sure.
    Wednesday are too good to keep underachieving and they have something to prove. Would have gone for a two or three nil routine win...hope we're still up for it and it's not a case of 'after the Lord Mayor's show'. Thoughts?
    I am waiting till we see the team before having a guess at the score. Whatever XI we put out, if they play the way they did last Sunday from the 2nd to the 45th minute Wendy will beat us, IMO.

2-1 Derby with Nugent & Vydra to score.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I am waiting till we see the team before having a guess at the score. Whatever XI we put out, if they play the way they did last Sunday from the 2nd to the 45th minute Wendy will beat us, IMO.
    I'd settle for the same outcome as last week: 2-0 with the predictible culprits scoring (Vydra (pen) and Nugent) but we will know within the first 10 minutes, as MadAmster suggests - if we play like the first half of last week tomorrow, then Wednesday will likely take the chances that Forest could not.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Think it depends on who scores first as we find it difficult to break defensive hard working teams down..hopefully derby open the scoring again (Lawrence due a goal) and a one nil win for me

I can't call a score, but I'd hope we just worry about ourselves and try and build on last weeks performance. A decent string of results and the season might be worth following. Glass might just be edging towards half full for me if we can get a good result, and I always enjoy games against Wednesday, they're a good bunch.

Gary Rowett has a problem on his hands on wether he should put the same team out that won against Forest last Sunday but I think it will be wise for Rowett to select a team that will be best to deal with the game at hand, rather then picking the same team that was best suited to deal with Forest, but the same team that delt with Forest might not be able to deal with Sheff Wed and we found that out against Bristol City so we mustn't make the same mistake again.

No I disagree. Too much tinkering and changing teams to suit opponents is never a good idea.
    Do it the way Messrs Clough and Taylor did. Send out your best team and let the opponents deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    No I disagree. Too much tinkering and changing teams to suit opponents is never a good idea.
    Do it the way Messrs Clough and Taylor did. Send out your best team and let the opponents deal with it.
    Except that, if Keogh isn't fit and some are still laid low by this sickness bug changes may bč necessary anyway. Pity because we were otherwise close to having a full squad to choose from for a change.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)