+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should we always refer to that era as the Taylor/Clough years?

Yes but you were already Champions at the time, so it's to be consigned to the forgotten performances section.

Name:  brian-clough-peter-taylor_q1x7jsna3waz14gixoqgow7o3.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  102.6 KB

The Taylor/Clough years

Image from performgroup.com

Name:  _77494632_cloughtaylorstatuereference.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  48.2 KB

The image from which the statute is made.

And I believe the photo copyright belongs to the club

Name:  412A88g1LiL._SX250_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  23.9 KB from the same day, cover of a book some old fart wrote. Photo copyright AP, which I paid for the use of so probably the only litigation-free photo ever used here

Wouldn't mind a read of that Andy

message me your address

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Name:  412A88g1LiL._SX250_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  23.9 KB from the same day, cover of a book some old fart wrote. Photo copyright AP, which I paid for the use of so probably the only litigation-free photo ever used here

The story of Brian Clough and his mate, Peter Taylor, by a lifelong Derby County fan.

Andy was driven to write this story after reading the bestselling novel The Damned United, believing there was a bigger story that The Damned United fitted into. He combines his own recollections of the glory days of Derby County and Nottingham Forest with dramatic and often moving fictionalised passages, imagining the relationship between the two men and the demons they both dealt with. 211pp

Another description of you. ( I did omit the more personal details)

Andy Faber is a lifelong Derby County fan, and has remained so through the thick and thin of his team’s fortunes, and the waxing and waning of his own interest in the game. He was on the terraces when the big trophies were won, and when his team were humbled week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Another description of you. ( I did omit the more personal details)

Andy Faber is a lifelong Derby County fan, and has remained so through the thick and thin of his team’s fortunes, and the waxing and waning of his own interest in the game. He was on the terraces when the big trophies were won, and when his team were humbled week after week.
    what tw*t wrote that

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    what tw*t wrote that

Well he seems to know some details of you, your job and your work at RR. You must have given a wee bit too many interviews at the time, you old duck.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)