+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 70's thread

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Recently paid $1 an ounce (75p) for some loose sweets for my grandson Remember when it was 6d a quarter or 8 fruit salad/black jacks for a penny. We used to get paid half of a penny arrow (anyone remember those, long thin chews that came in many flavours) by the caretaker at school for helping put away the chairs after dinnertime.
    You ga ga pal? 😄😄

For me it was a caramac, sickly as heck but still loved em also Spanish gold in the waxed red wrapper. Looked like brown stringy dried worms and tasted of sugar and coconut

Lucky Bags and 4d Jubbly LOL Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post

Petrol 34p a gallon
    Pint of beer 11p

Not sweets granted but I used to love nibbits and those wheelz crisps. Used to get them in working mens clubs, they attached themselves to your tongue when eating them.

Surprised not to see spangles on the list, that said I never rated em.

Golden cup was my favourite chocolate bar back then. I had a wagon wheel the other day and couldn't believe how small they are, you couldn't eat a full un in the 70's lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Not sweets granted but I used to love nibbits
    So did I!
    The Blackjacks, Fruit Salads, etc . are probably the main reasons that I no longer have a full set of teeth... (bear that in mind, kids)

I loved Liquorice Wood back in the day and Chocolate covered crickets all of which were available at Curly's shop in Dalton.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Now you're talking Arch. If Jubbly's were sold out our shop (Post Office at Thrybergh) had frozen Mayjoys - a squarish box. A poor substitute for the real thing.

Lucky bags sometimes had a tiny magnifying glass in them. On a scorching day with an hour to spare you could just about burn the back of somebody's hand.

The first skateboard generation , no wussy helmets n pads for us .

If you hadn't a fractured skull , two broken ribs and a broken arm you weren't a player .

Skateboard parks !!!! Nar , any hill would do , avoiding getting squashed by the pit wagons was half the fun .

If you were lucky to have a phone was it this one ?
    Attachment 7117

Loved going in to the shops and asking how much the penny arrow bars were just to wind em up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast