+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Act of Simulation - Confused !!!

Act of Simulation - Confused !!!

Thought this needed a separate thread. I have one question on this:

If a player successfully 'deceives' the referee, then who is it actually 'accuses' or reports that player of 'successful deception" - (it is unlikely to be the ref) so is it the fourth official, linesman or could the opposing team manager or player report it to the FA?. Just curious because this could create havoc if used some people deliberately misused the system to get players banned.

Would welcome some clarification.

I would imagine it's the opposing team in their post match report they give to the officials/league.

If any of the officials saw the incident that way they should have and could have said it during the game. Unless one of them could say that they were simply unsure and thought it needed another look, which you obviously can't do during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I would imagine it's the opposing team in their post match report they give to the officials/league.

If any of the officials saw the incident that way they should have and could have said it during the game. Unless one of them could say that they were simply unsure and thought it needed another look, which you obviously can't do during the game.
    If a player is charged with deception & it doesn't change the outcome of the match then the only purpose of reporting it is to be the player banned! - Perhaps we just need better trained refs & linesmen IMO

Actually, thinking about it, I think my wife may be guilty of this

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Actually, thinking about it, I think my wife may be guilty of this