+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Newell

Joe Newell

First name on the team-sheet every week for me.

Apart from Potter and Towel he is the only championship quality player at the club.

I love to watch him play.

He certainly has talent, that is not in doubt. For me he is too inconsistent and tends to drift out of the game when the going gets tough and it needs someone to put the boot in.

No doubting his ability. He drifts in and out of games though and I’m unsure of his best position.
    He also doesn’t relish a knock. He lets himself get bullied out of games.

I was about to say much the same thing

Yep our most talented player in the squad who should be starting every game wether he's a bit inconsistent or not, he should never be left out instead of Forde imo.

He's not just a bit inconsistent though is he?

Yeah, he's brilliant at going forwards, but wanting him to defend when he hasn't got a strong tackle in him is asking a lot.That's why Forde will always get a place because he's stronger at defending. Newell will leave his full back unprotected.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Yeah, he's brilliant at going forwards, but wanting him to defend when he hasn't got a strong tackle in him is asking a lot.That's why Forde will always get a place because he's stronger at defending. Newell will leave his full back unprotected.
    One day joe will go to a club that really appreciates him..wer'e famous at being talent blind...

Joe is a very frustrating player as his performance are sometime way below his abillity. There is no doubt he has an abundance amount of talent and needs to find a way of becoming more consistent. For me he played his most consistent football under the regime of SE, So I was very interested to hear Warne say that Joe needs to go on the piich as Mr angry, so get him wound up mr Warne and in his face. I also think that Joe should always be in our starting 11 either on the left or in the middle when (guru won't like this) potter, Freck or towell are out injured.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast