+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Newell

I agree he's not consistent but that might be down to players, him,Forde,Mattock good together but take the latter two out and Newell wouldn't have a good game because other players don't read him.

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    One day joe will go to a club that really appreciates him..wer'e famous at being talent blind...
    Joe Newell is probably the most gifted player we have at the club.When Potter returns, I think he will be an even better player.To talk of him being inconsistent is ridiculous,because if he was more consistent he would be a premiership player and not playing here .Be thankful of what he delivers, like vanilla says, his creative skills will be missed, if he left us.In midfield in Williams, Newell,Frecks(when he's fit),Potter and Towell we have as strong as any other club in this division.UTM

Need to be offering him a new contract ASAP

I did say build a team around him & Wardy last season, Ward gone.
    Newell is a class player, went off the boil a bit last season after a injury, now coming back into his own, which he will get better with the players around him.
    To say he doesn't cover the backs, but he did play left back for us when he came to the club, where I thought he did a good job.

Joe didn't play wide left Saturday. Looks like his best position is inside of the wide man. He gets more involved that way. Two decent goals in two games and two good performances so keeps his place v Gillingham.

[QUOTE=MillerBill;38684904]Joe Newell is probably the most gifted player we have at the club.When Potter returns, I think he will be an even better player.To talk of him being inconsistent is ridiculous,because if he was more consistent he would be a premiership player and not playing here .Be thankful of what he delivers, like vanilla says, his creative skills will be missed, if he left us.In midfield in Williams, Newell,Frecks(when he's fit),Potter and Towell we have as strong as any other club in this division.UTM[/QUOTE

Really daft post this. "If he was more consistent he would be a premiership player"!!!!!. So we should be happy that players just play when they feel like it so that we don't lose them to other clubs?

Didn’t Pringle get stick for not been consistent enough?
    Funny enough isn’t that what our keepers get criticised for?

I suppose the fact Newell shirks out of tackles is ok because we should be glad we gave him.

Good player on his day I agree but to say we should appreciate when he does turn up is just nonsense.

The thing Newell gives the team is balance. Imo he plays the left side roll better than any other team mate plus him n mattock play well together..
    All players have dips in form or games when everything he tries doesn't come Off. when he's at his best he's a class player in this league.

[QUOTE=Pattylallacks2;38685410]
    Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Joe Newell is probably the most gifted player we have at the club.When Potter returns, I think he will be an even better player.To talk of him being inconsistent is ridiculous,because if he was more consistent he would be a premiership player and not playing here .Be thankful of what he delivers, like vanilla says, his creative skills will be missed, if he left us.In midfield in Williams, Newell,Frecks(when he's fit),Potter and Towell we have as strong as any other club in this division.UTM[/QUOTE

Really daft post this. "If he was more consistent he would be a premiership player"!!!!!. So we should be happy that players just play when they feel like it so that we don't lose them to other clubs?
    Pathetic!! Having a go at a quality player because in" your opinion" he does not give everything.Ever thought you were wrong? Because he does not run around like an headless chicken, he is not contributing to the team,"in your opinion"U.Different players play in different ways.Support the team DON'T slag them.UTM

Probably the classiest player on the pitch at Oxford and they had some quality in quite a few positions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast