+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Crowd of the Season...

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Knew it was round about then.
    Can vaguely remember Wolves singing about glad PNE made the play offs or something.

Big drinking days for me
    World cup year always remember Bully and Tomo coming on to the pitch after the game and walking through the West Ham that had invaded the pitch and made their way over to the Wolves end Bully had one of those t-shirts that charged colour with your body heat on.. Those were the days my friend

Quote Originally Posted by TheDing View Post
    World cup year always remember Bully and Tomo coming on to the pitch after the game and walking through the West Ham that had invaded the pitch and made their way over to the Wolves end Bully had one of those t-shirts that charged colour with your body heat on.. Those were the days my friend
    Where you drinking pre match Gaz we're always up on the train now so drink in town be nice to put a face to a name.

Was it an artificial pitch?

Sure it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Where you drinking pre match Gaz we're always up on the train now so drink in town be nice to put a face to a name.
    I should be in the Old Still with Chimp, Plater and Voddy and a couple of others

Quote Originally Posted by TheDing View Post
    1990 if my memory serves me right we played West Spam on the last day of the season away with us losing 4 nil
    Yep! I was there - Liam Brady's last game for the Hammers. 5 May 1990. Attendance 22,509 - seemed like more at the time!
    Last edited by Woking88; 20-10-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Be careful Gards, as us Tykes & Nobbers etc. arent welcome on here because we're stroaingers and we have bad tractors.
    Or am I thinking about the East Anglian mob here, oh yes my mistake. .

Gards, remember the 3-3 at yours? Does my (bad) memory remember you had an artificial pitch that day? You made the play offs I think.
    It was the 88-89 season when Wolves won the old division three title.

Was it an artificial pitch?

Sure it was.
    Yes it was, this was our last but one away game of the season, our last away game was Wigan away where we drew 1-1, title was already in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Be careful Gards, as us Tykes & Nobbers etc. arent welcome on here because we're stroaingers and we have bad tractors.
    Or am I thinking about the East Anglian mob here, oh yes my mistake. .
    Bzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzz.

Looks like that irritating fly has just reappeared.

Do me a favour, don't be telling other posters that they are not welcome on this board.

It's none of your business.

Gards, remember the 3-3 at yours? Does my (bad) memory remember you had an artificial pitch that day? You made the play offs I think.

Yes that's right and it was a right party day and did you finish as champions and we defo made the play-offs. I remember going into the local pub just off Deepdale Road about 1pm and was received with a huge cheer from about 400 Wolves fans already in there taking the rip that a Nobber had come to have a pint and its about time somebody from Preston turned up. Great celebration day from both sets of fans.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)