+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hibs-Celtic

Hibs-Celtic

0-2 at half-time and tbh it sounds like there's only one team in it.

Dodgy penalty, 1-2, come back on...maybe.

Or not, 1-3.

It really is a bit of a soberer watching this as it reminds you that in reality, tomorrow is all about playing for the right to be runners up to Celtic. They are so far ahead of everyone else in the game it is frightening, they are totally comfortable in Scottish football and I honestly do not see them losing a domestic match any time in the next few years, let alone fail to win a domestic competition.

I think years is unlikely...chances are they'll turn off and slip in a meaningless game one day or lose when playing the reserves before a big Euro tie.

But yes, agree completely that tomorrow is for the right to be runners-up, defeatist as it is. Celtic did absolutely everything right during the period Rangers were away, fair play to them.

That said, I have an inkling Celtic winning today may help our chances tomorrow...but we'll see.

And as I type, it's 2-3. Game on (maybe)!

4-2 now, Celtic comfortably into the final.

I have never seen or known such a gulf in class between one particular side and everyone else in my time watching football, Celtic are absolutely on a different planet to the rest and nothing is going to stop them any time soon. They are so much stronger, fitter, faster and extremely professional in their approach to every game they play, no one can match them. They are a quality side and for everyone else it is scary to see.

That said I agree that had Hibs won today it would have been a little more pressure on us tomorrow, but there was never any danger of that.

Indeed and I think it might also temper Rangers' enthusiasm somewhat...Caixinha will be under a wee bit more pressure should he lose to us tomorrow but he'll be in a taxi from Hampden straight to the airport should Celtic do them 5-0 in a final - something which is far from impossible given how their recent meeting at Ibrox went.

I've also said on here before I think the gap between Celtic to the rest is as big as I've ever seen in Scotland. I'm not convinced that they're as good as some Rangers sides in the 90s or the Old Firm sides just after the turn of the century but the gulf in quality is unique in the last 30 years imo.

The result was never in doubt. Maybe they'll have an off day in the final

They're now at 60 domestic games unbeaten...club (and Scottish) record is 62. They can be on 64 by the time of the final.

The current Celtic side are probably not as strong, quality wise, as their side under Martin O'Neill in the early 2000s, the side with Larsson, Sutton, Lambert, Petrov and various others, but I think as a unit they are far more professional, disciplined and stronger than they were then and that is why I just don't see them losing a match to anyone in Scotland, they just don't get complacent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)