+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Carlisle United away

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Just seen the goals, Yates did well ,slightly behind him but adjusted well . I think Brisley is learning off Duffy , throw your arms up in the air or start pointing when the opposition score .
    I hate that with Duffy, substituting footballing effort with gamesmanship has cost us points.

Much as I'm an eternal optimist and hoped for a win, in my heart of hearts I'd have been happy with a hard won point before the match, so a good day's work in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Much as I'm an eternal optimist and hoped for a win, in my heart of hearts I'd have been happy with a hard won point before the match, so a good day's work in the end.
    In fairness, I would never class a draw at Carlisle as a bad result.

I did not go or listen to the game today so can only go on the messages on here and it seems like we were not the best today??
    Perhaps those that went to the game can provide more insight. I'm starting to think we need our strikers to contribute more goals if we are going to stay up there so to speak, or make investments up front in January.

However we got a point and away from home if you can get a point and win your home games then you will have a successful season. Before the game I would have been happy with a point at Brunton Park. I still think we are a difficult team to break down and do not give up easy which is a big improvement on seasons gone by.

The fact that we are still 2nd having won 1 in the last 5 just shows how inconsistent this league is and that anyone can beat anyone. In the top 10 only Swindon and Accrington won today.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The commitment of this group of players should never be questioned.
    You obviously didn't go to Field Mill.

So
    First half today,if this was a boxing match " tko" springs to mind.
    It was gutless and poor,and had it not been for the goalkeeper,Carlisle would of been home and dry..
    Second half saw a much needed response from Notts.
    And we got just that.
    Credit to the players we looked a different side.
    Yates for a 19 year old is growing game by game.
    Took his goal well, and should of won the game with a close range effort towards the end..
    Having said that Ameobi's header could of gave us the lead before that.
    Over-all a point away is a good point gained.
    Still second and I think next Saturday will tell us exactly where we are heading against a strong Newport side.
    A heck of a trip today
    Wind,rain wind,rain,wind rain.
    Horlicks and bed.
    NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I did not go or listen to the game today so can only go on the messages on here and it seems like we were not the best today??
    Perhaps those that went to the game can provide more insight. I'm starting to think we need our strikers to contribute more goals if we are going to stay up there so to speak, or make investments up front in January.
    It was the old game of two halves, to be honest. First half they were much the better team and deserved the lead, with Fitzsimons making a couple of good saves to keep us in it. I thought that we hugely missed Collin, though - the new lad is a good shot stopper but is rooted to his line when the ball comes into the box and the centre backs didn't really look comfortable with him. I think that Collin would've claimed the cross that led to their goal fairly comfortably, but he didn't even go for it.

The second half was a different story. We were a yard quicker, pressed them higher and dominated the game. In the end we can maybe be a bit disappointed not to have won it - Ameobi, Alessandra and Yates all missed chances that they probably should've scored in the last 15 minutes or so.

Decent point overall, though, for me, and a massive improvement on Tuesday performance wise.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    So
    It was gutless and poor,and had it not been for the goalkeeper,Carlisle would of been home and dry..
    And we got just that.
    Took his goal well, and should of won the game with a close range effort towards the end..
    Still second and I think next Saturday will tell us exactly where we are heading against a strong Newport side.
    A heck of a trip today
    Horlicks and bed.
    NEXT
    Nice one Mac....good report, pretty much as I saw it on the laptop.....well done for making the long trip, along with the other 360+

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    In fairness, I would never class a draw at Carlisle as a bad result.
    As Carlisle have only won one home game this season I would have thought it was.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    So
    And we got just that.
    A heck of a trip today
    Horlicks and bed.
    NEXT
    "...would of..."?
    "...should of..."?
    "...could of..."?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast