+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who’s available to step in......

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    That list truly is woeful.
    It really is, makes you wonder when you see the likes of Ross County and f ucking Killie get managers with EPL experience eh...

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    I'd go for Danny Lennon. He got St Mirren up and he won them a cup. Now my pal who has been a St Mirren supporter for over forty years said that was the best football he had ever witnessed by the Buddies. He says they are not bad at the moment but again points out that they are in the Championship and the real measure of Jack Ross side is how they do in the Premiership. Remember St Mirren punted Lennon and thought they could do better with Tommy Craig which led eventually to Gary Teale and eventual relegation.
    Lennon would be an inspired choice. I he had a bad time at Alloa or somewhere post St Mirren but I though he did decent job at St Mirren and spoke sense

Type of inspired choice I don’t think ST would ever be capable of making

Unfortunately United are severely cash strapped. It is unfortunate that Ray was punted now, instead of sooner. Whoever takes over will have to try and transform Ray's team into real Title contenders. There will be little or nothing available to bring new players in. Also we are between transfer windows. Only Youtube Frees are available. Shades of the Mixu situation. Hopefully the Board have thought all of this through.

Somehow I have little confidence for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Unfortunately United are severely cash strapped.
    So we keep hearing from certain people 'in the know'. So much so, that we can't afford to sack the management team, but here we are, sacking the management team.

Well, I am not 'in the know,' but I could have been indoctrinated by all we have been hearing?

Hopefully the Club have a Plan B?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    So we keep hearing from certain people 'in the know'. So much so, that we can't afford to sack the management team, but here we are, sacking the management team.
    Lol!

The problem is,who would be daft enough to take the job?,the club is toxic as long as Thompson is at the helm and every potential candidate know's the club is up for sale and any new owner coming in might no fancy him.Although Ray has to go we are still deep in the mire until we get the worst chairman in our history out of the club,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The problem is,who would be daft enough to take the job?,the club is toxic as long as Thompson is at the helm and every potential candidate know's the club is up for sale and any new owner coming in might no fancy him.Although Ray has to go we are still deep in the mire until we get the worst chairman in our history out of the club,FACT.
    Said that today. We're now at the point where managers won't want come to us because of the state we're in. We're no longer the Dundee Utd who continually reach cup finals, breed outstanding young talent etc etc. We're a ****ing mess from top to bottom.

We should go for Stubbs. He might even still have friends at Hibs and we could get a few of their players on loan. Heard the lad Simon Murray is a player.

'Bout spilt my whisky reading that !

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)