+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oxford United Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Unlikely. gwru will appeal his latest yellow and get it rescinded. There's a player there!
    Cometh the hour,cometh the man, bring back Bailey-King.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Next month will be interesting with us playing both of the top two at home. Stern tests. Can't wait
    Indeed pal. Let's see what we are REALLY made of.

Hursty should get a great reception and rightly so.

Yep well done Millers today but we have got to stop chucking goals away. If we can sort that we might just have a chance of getting back up otherwise it will be a mid table finish. BUT I would have settled for a point at the start of the game.

Just seen the goals. Dodgy keeping/defence for a couple of there goals. Our 1st 2 goals well taken. Our 3rd abit of class about it. Great cross from Williams, finished like a good striker by Moore.

Fair game, can't really say anyone stood out maybe Rodak who I knew had a very good chance of saving that pen.
    Emmanuel defended ok and put a few decent passes in to say he looked like a donkey running.
    Average play from some players but a point wil do

Bloody windy

Been to the match - it was quite a thriller in blustery conditions. Our weakness was more defensive midfield than the actual back four. Vaulks was awful again and Towell not much better (his mistake led to the Oxford second goal.) I thought that most of our Millers team played well, and if Potter was fit, we would have probably won. Great to see Emmanuel and Williams back to full fitness, and playing well again after recent injuries. The Millers equaliser was beautifully constrcted and well deserved... we even had more opportunities to win the game in the last few minutes. Several good pubs in Oxford city centre too - enjoyable day out all round, and a new ground for me .

Want to see replay of disallowed goal and the handball by Oxford player,could be that we have got shafted again by referee.Looking at replay of their penalty looked harsh.The swirling wind made for an error littered game,both sides played better kicking into the wind.Very cold and windy stadium made me thankful we have NYS,but a good point and slightly disappointed we did not win it after great second half performance.Wish fans would get off Vaulks back,he gives 100% and played numerous roles this season,be careful what you wish for! .

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Want to see replay of disallowed goal and the handball by Oxford player,could be that we have got shafted again by referee.Looking at replay of their penalty looked harsh.The swirling wind made for an error littered game,both sides played better kicking into the wind.Very cold and windy stadium made me thankful we have NYS,but a good point and slightly disappointed we did not win it after great second half performance.Wish fans would get off Vaulks back,he gives 100% and played numerous roles this season,be careful what you wish for! .
    Thanks Vaulks is a star for us. I always kook forward to seeing him in a Millers shirt. His best position is a attaching midfield player. Not so much beating his man but he's got a good pass/cross in him + his shooting is none to shabby either. Agree with mikemiller our 3rd goal yesterday was a class goal, build-up. Cross, more an inch perfect pass & finish.

Don't forget the Rodak worldie save when their player was clean through at 3-3.
    I didn't think the conditions were as bad as the weather forecast predicted. Blustery but certainly not gale force.

Oxford played some lovely stuff at times and stretched us but we came back into it and i thought we would go on to win.
    Disappointed D Ball didn't come on too to give us that little bit of guile to get the winner

Vaulks always gives 100% and gets put in different positions he never moans just gives it his best.

I think he’s took over from Pringle as the new player to target when we’re losing.

I don’t think he’s as good as Frecklington or Potter but doesn’t deserve the slating he gets.
    He didn’t have a great game yesterday but he didn’t hide he still showed for the ball.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast