+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chezzy to drop out of the league?

When we were in trouble i did some fundraising at the 0-4 home defeat to them including collecting in the away end and at the supporters club at the bottom of Millmoor Lane which was packed full of the sheep worriers.
    I think Foo from years ago on this board was also in the away end with us collecting for something she did.

The Chessie fans couldn't have been any more pleasant and were very generous to help save your club.
    Yes they took the mickey but nothing malicious

On reflection I feel my post isn't warranted as there may well be some decent cheesy fans out there and nobody wants to see their club fall out of the league.

Like someone previously said, it's a tough league in the Conference and once in it you could be down there for years as crowds dwindle and money really dries up. Apologies to those I've offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    On reflection I feel my post isn't warranted as there may well be some decent cheesy fans out there and nobody wants to see their club fall out of the league.

Like someone previously said, it's a tough league in the Conference and once in it you could be down there for years as crowds dwindle and money really dries up. Apologies to those I've offended.
    Who's never wanted a team to get relegated at some time?
    West ham, Wednesday etc.
    Stick by your guns brin .
    Don't start pandering to the false gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Good post pal.

Our lass is from Chessie. Despite that I don't want them to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Our lass is from Chessie. Despite that I don't want them to go down.
    Nice one Wrinkly

Despite them being one of our main bogey teams I don't want to see them go out of the Football League. Rather have them in the league than the likes of Forest Green, Stevenage, Crawley, Morecombe etc.
    It's looking bleak for them at the moment, and need to start turning things around straight away, than wait for the transfer market in January- Could be too far adrift then.
    Could have done with a Ronnie Moore type manager than a popular, but untested ex player.
    On paper, looking at their squad they should be doing better.
    Last edited by brassgnat; 23-10-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Lol Amanda, do you really think they wouldn't be doing the same?

I remember Chris Turner saying something in the lines of "that we would go bust in two years time"

I hate Donny fans more though

I'd prefer to play local/ish but someone has to go down like we did last season so I won't be losing sleep over it
    Last edited by millertop; 23-10-2017 at 12:36 PM.

I thought it didn't particularly bother me one way or the other..........but Chris Turner was particularly unpleasant about our club and Jack Lester was one of the biggest cheats you'll ever see on a football pitch.
    So perhaps I'll permit myself a wry smile if the trapdoor opens for them at the end of the season 😊

I'm only 4 grounds away from completing all 6 in the Radio Sheffield area so would be sad to see them go before I get that crossed off my bucket list.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast