+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So Much For 4-4-2 Then !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It was bloomin awful wasnt it, a miserable day weather wise and the result certainly wasnt what we all wanted to see.
    Hull certainly dont look like a team who have just come down from the Prem and they stole the points today, but Im getting a bit annoyed at saying this (like after the Wolves match as well) when we are unlucky to end up losing.

I prefer to see us stick with 2 up front at home so I wont knock Hecky for trying it today. Hes dropped another boloni though by bringing back the kid Ugbo who is simply not good enough on current showing and hes too similar to Bradshaw. We've got an option there in Thiam, what the heck is he thinking of by reducing him to a subs role again ?.

Other results have gone our way today and we're still 2+ points ahead of the drop zone, and surely other teams like Bolton & Burton will have tough seasons ahead as well. im still looking at that all important 4th or 5th from bottom as being a success for us if we can achieve it this season.
    I'm ok with 442! Our shooting was woeful - they all leaned back & sky'd it! I can't for the life of me see the sense of playing Ugbo - he's a young lad who clearly isn't strong enough in this division - Thiam from the start for me! We have wingers who can cause problems but no point in high crosses if only one up front (or 2 small players) - I also don't get the clamour for Yids - I prefer McCarthy & Fryers who both had decent games - Fryers will get better the more he plays - Yids looked poor pre-season - he looked like he didn't want to be her (oh wait, he doesn't ...) - nothing's changed! Only pick him if there's no choice & get rid in January

I hope that Ugbo ent cum here on the same kinda deal as Kent weear he ez to laik an agreed percentage of games in the season forrat least 70 mins per game.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I hope that Ugbo ent cum here on the same kinda deal as Kent weear he ez to laik an agreed percentage of games in the season forrat least 70 mins per game.
    Pele war only 17 when he played in the 58 world cup .

:-) :-) :-)

I've also got my eye on the situation at Nice this season and see if there's any clues as to how things may work out here .

They are struggling this season , lost at home again today 2-1 and were well beaten in the Europa League by Lazio on Thursday night again at home .

This on the back of a 4th placed finish and champions league qualification last season , I'm looking at the HC's position and further investment in the January window .

Are they going to stick with it and show patience or disappear into the back office ?

I'm watching with interest .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm using the way they have run Nice since they bought the club as my guide on how things will roll at Oakwell when they eventually do buy the club .

They pretty much left things alone , retained the CEO and HC , they invested in a state of the art academy which tells me they are keen on developing players rather than a total bank roll as PSG have done .

However they have provided the finance to compliment the model and brought in Dante and Ballotelli .

What I do like is the fact that this is not the Mr Lee show , it's a consortium with the members all having a specific role in the project and a financial stake , this suggests a greater range of ideas and a support system that the day to day staff at Oakwell have at their disposal .

I'm not naive enough to think that their investment isn't about showing a profit on their venture either .

Where I disagree with SB is how that profit will be made .

Exposure and publicity that highlights their core business is one , the chinese tv market is massive and PL and EFL games go global , the US is another potential market , go to the sports pages in the New York Times and you will find extensive coverage of the PL , it's the same with the Sydney Morning Herald in Australia .

The game is now global and games we don't see live are broadcast all over the planet , the far east punters will probably watch more live BFC games than we do or at least have that option .
    I din't kno it was you animal , glad you cleared that up onwuds an upwuds nar FForza di Reds
    £20m is peanuts to pay for all that exposure , a 2 minute advert at half time during the Super Bowl would probably cost you a million dollars .

Of course the club needs to be a success , the better we do , the greater the exposure and the greater the return on the investment , clearly their model can only work if the football side of things is working too , it's in their interest to ensure that things are in place to give them that opportunity .

The profit to their core business through owning this club could be limitless , a quick buck off the sale of the land would be hardly worth bothering with by comparison .
    dint kno it wo thee animal who seddit ,

Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
    True, but only if said idiot had any say in the matter. I don't that applies to Hecky, so I'll keep my criticisms to the bit I know he's responsible for - the 90 minutes I see on the pitch. Hecky's the best thing to happen to BFC in a long while, but he makes mistakes like anybody else. Nowt wrong in saying so. I'm not asking for him to be shot at dawn, just pointing out, like several others have, that hoofball isn't producing the results and needs to be scrapped.
    36 long balls ( passes ) from the back four yesterday according to the stats .

You probably have a good point goat .

Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
    True, but only if said idiot had any say in the matter. I don't that applies to Hecky, so I'll keep my criticisms to the bit I know he's responsible for - the 90 minutes I see on the pitch. Hecky's the best thing to happen to BFC in a long while, but he makes mistakes like anybody else. Nowt wrong in saying so. I'm not asking for him to be shot at dawn, just pointing out, like several others have, that hoofball isn't producing the results and needs to be scrapped.
    Like fecking loads

Quote Originally Posted by anstonred View Post
    I'm ok with 442! Our shooting was woeful - they all leaned back & sky'd it! I can't for the life of me see the sense of playing Ugbo - he's a young lad who clearly isn't strong enough in this division - Thiam from the start for me! We have wingers who can cause problems but no point in high crosses if only one up front (or 2 small players) - I also don't get the clamour for Yids - I prefer McCarthy & Fryers who both had decent games - Fryers will get better the more he plays - Yids looked poor pre-season - he looked like he didn't want to be her (oh wait, he doesn't ...) - nothing's changed! Only pick him if there's no choice & get rid in January
    Fryers for me, every time.....

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    36 long balls ( passes ) from the back four yesterday according to the stats .

You probably have a good point goat .
    I’ve said for weeks we have hoofed it.... is there stats that confirm how many long balls are met with a header that is then touched by another Reds player?.
    Nah.....
    Gerritt ont floor, that where all our skill is.
    We will beat loads, just like the first half of last season........
    Last edited by Jules88; 22-10-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    dint kno it wo thee animal who seddit ,
    It was me who said they’d said they wanted the Academy to move to Cat 1

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast