+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: So Much For 4-4-2 Then !!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm using the way they have run Nice since they bought the club as my guide on how things will roll at Oakwell when they eventually do buy the club .

They pretty much left things alone , retained the CEO and HC , they invested in a state of the art academy which tells me they are keen on developing players rather than a total bank roll as PSG have done .

However they have provided the finance to compliment the model and brought in Dante and Ballotelli .

What I do like is the fact that this is not the Mr Lee show , it's a consortium with the members all having a specific role in the project and a financial stake , this suggests a greater range of ideas and a support system that the day to day staff at Oakwell have at their disposal .

I'm not naive enough to think that their investment isn't about showing a profit on their venture either .

Where I disagree with SB is how that profit will be made .

Exposure and publicity that highlights their core business is one , the chinese tv market is massive and PL and EFL games go global , the US is another potential market , go to the sports pages in the New York Times and you will find extensive coverage of the PL , it's the same with the Sydney Morning Herald in Australia .

The game is now global and games we don't see live are broadcast all over the planet , the far east punters will probably watch more live BFC games than we do or at least have that option .

£20m is peanuts to pay for all that exposure , a 2 minute advert at half time during the Super Bowl would probably cost you a million dollars .

Of course the club needs to be a success , the better we do , the greater the exposure and the greater the return on the investment , clearly their model can only work if the football side of things is working too , it's in their interest to ensure that things are in place to give them that opportunity .

The profit to their core business through owning this club could be limitless , a quick buck off the sale of the land would be hardly worth bothering with by comparison .
    They’ll develop the land around the ground that’s not Football linked nailed on

I've also got my eye on the situation at Nice this season and see if there's any clues as to how things may work out here .

They are struggling this season , lost at home again today 2-1 and were well beaten in the Europa League by Lazio on Thursday night again at home .

All going t1s up at Nice since that Mister Lee tukovva.

Summats not reyt at Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    They’ll develop the land around the ground that’s not Football linked nailed on
    But it was suggested by yourself I believe that it was to be used to help fund the club and not the consortium directly .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’ve said for weeks we have hoofed it.... is there stats that confirm how many long balls are met with a header that is then touched by another Reds player?.
    Nah.....
    Gerritt ont floor, that where all our skill is.
    We will beat loads, just like the first half of last season........
    Jules , I'll do a full run of the stats on the passing from Saturday's game , not a two minute job so probably post later tonight .

But it was suggested by yourself I believe that it was to be used to help fund the club and not the consortium directly .
    Don’t know what they’d do with the money but theres some vague stuff about developing land around the ground . It could be a joint venture maybe with the council ?

We’ll have to see who owns what first if it happens
    Last edited by EastStandRed; 23-10-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Is that why Barry the biscuit barrel has changed from digestive to NICE to impress his maybe future employer

To Animal & Pass etc..

No I couldnt name anybody else to do a better job under the circumstances, and I dont want to think about that either because Ive never said I want to see Hecky out have I. Some of you are now saying hes not above criticism, but why is it then that if anybody does choose to give any such criticism they get the whole 'f*kin unbelievable' and 'f*kin disgraceful' stuff in return ?.
    I know Hecky is the reason why we're in this Champship now and Ive also never denied that, and hes the reason why we played some of our most exciting away footy ever at this level, in the first half of last season. Lets face it, when will we ever see 9 away wins again in a season, regardless of what division we're in ?!!.

But moving onto now, do you all think hes giving us our best chance of winning matches right now, with all these constant weird & pointless looking changes. Whether we liked it or wanted it, I know we were faced with another unbeleivable squad overhaul this summer and that challenges any manager/coach doesnt it. But we're now 12 games in and still not only does he/we NOT know our best squad or formation, he has to be questioned for making bad looking and at times ridiculous looking changes. Doesnt he ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    To Animal & Pass etc..

No I couldnt name anybody else to do a better job under the circumstances, and I dont want to think about that either because Ive never said I want to see Hecky out have I. Some of you are now saying hes not above criticism, but why is it then that if anybody does choose to give any such criticism they get the whole 'f*kin unbelievable' and 'f*kin disgraceful' stuff in return ?.
    I know Hecky is the reason why we're in this Champship now and Ive also never denied that, and hes the reason why we played some of our most exciting away footy ever at this level, in the first half of last season. Lets face it, when will we ever see 9 away wins again in a season, regardless of what division we're in ?!!.

But moving onto now, do you all think hes giving us our best chance of winning matches right now, with all these constant weird & pointless looking changes. Whether we liked it or wanted it, I know we were faced with another unbeleivable squad overhaul this summer and that challenges any manager/coach doesnt it. But we're now 12 games in and still not only does he/we NOT know our best squad or formation, he has to be questioned for making bad looking and at times ridiculous looking changes. Doesnt he ?.

"never said I want to see Hecky out have I. Some of you are now saying hes not above criticism, but why is it then that if anybody does choose to give any such criticism they get the whole 'f*kin unbelievable' and 'f*kin disgraceful' stuff in return"

Same could be said if anyone dares to criticise PC

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    To Animal & Pass etc..

I honestly don’t think anyone has said Hecky is above criticism and I think everyone has criticised him at times.

twice now this season he has been banished to the stands

i think the pressure may be getting to him.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast