+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So Much For 4-4-2 Then !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    So your ratings of our players today then ?
    Why can't we play 4-4-2 ? Who brought the players in ? Who's team is this now ?
    I'm a big fan of PH but i think he doesn't know how to change a game , he certainly doesn't know which system or players to use, because for some odd reason we are well overloaded in midfield , and using loan players before the one's we have signed eg Ugbo before our own 1 million striker ? Williams before the numerous replacements that are signed already ? Look Back over the back of last season and the beginning of this ? That's relegation form and Hecky is certainly not above any critiscism , i hope it doesn't happen , but he has top weight on just now to avoid being relegated

If we had Ash Fletch and Winnall up top , Hourihane controlling the midifield with Scowen , Watkins out wide then it's no problem playing 4-4-2 because the system feeds the talent .

At this moment in time we are way off getting back to the levels we saw last season pre xmas .

The smart move in my opinion is to play a five man midfield and keep ourselves in games , not get over run and keep it tight , we have scored goals at a decent rate with just the one man up top so it's hardly negative .

Hecky makes mistakes and I wouldn't say he doesn't but the club made the decision to sell our top talent and replace them with inferior players as it stands today .

Of course he's struggling , who wouldn't ?

I really carnt see weer next point will come from , all hard games in this division , Burton away looks the only likely point we may get ? Brum always win at Oakwell , if that's wat happens we really are struggling , then again win at Tarpaulin Towers , Smash Burton , and beautt Brum !!! Will be rarnd play offs

I really carnt see weer next point will come from , all hard games in this division , Burton away looks the only likely point we may get ? Brum always win at Oakwell , if that's wat happens we really are struggling , then again win at Tarpaulin Towers , Smash Burton , and beautt Brum !!! Will be rarnd play offs
    With this group and the unpredictability it wouldn't surprise me if we turned that lot over next week .

Yeh we've a bad record there but what does that mean to these young lads , nowt , be first time most of em have played wendy .

No great shakes the sen's wendy at the minute , keep it tight and get that crowd on the backs and we might just nick a goal or two .

Get Andy Yiadom back at left back next week , not that impressed with Fryers , player on the way down looking at his CV , already made his money .

Looks poor to me .

I agree about Fryers , not impressed me , Yiadom not fomee , he doesn't want to be here , some obviously see more to him than me ? Play Pearson altho he would be playing on his left side as opposed to his favoured position on his right side , he wants to be here, at least he is our player and deserves to play before someone who doesn't want to play for us , i hope Jackson injury isn't serious , that lad has been impressive this season ( altho sum think he's league one standard )

I agree about Fryers , not impressed me , Yiadom not fomee , he doesn't want to be here , some obviously see more to him than me ? Play Pearson altho he would be playing on his left side as opposed to his favoured position on his right side , he wants to be here, at least he is our player and deserves to play before someone who doesn't want to play for us , i hope Jackson injury isn't serious , that lad has been impressive this season ( altho sum think he's league one standard )
    Fryers completely lost Campbell for the goal and he's not one of the raw recruits he's 24 with Man Utd and Spurs under his belt , he should be doing better .

Look I get the negatives with Yiadom , he dropped a bollox .

But he's the best full back at the club and we need every bit of talent out there right now .

If he wants away to a good club and a pay day then he needs to perform and we get the benefit too .

We aren't in a position to be cutting our noses off , it's daft .

We use him and he uses us , win - win .

It was bloomin awful wasnt it, a miserable day weather wise and the result certainly wasnt what we all wanted to see.
    Hull certainly dont look like a team who have just come down from the Prem and they stole the points today, but Im getting a bit annoyed at saying this (like after the Wolves match as well) when we are unlucky to end up losing.

I prefer to see us stick with 2 up front at home so I wont knock Hecky for trying it today. Hes dropped another boloni though by bringing back the kid Ugbo who is simply not good enough on current showing and hes too similar to Bradshaw. We've got an option there in Thiam, what the heck is he thinking of by reducing him to a subs role again ?.

Other results have gone our way today and we're still 2+ points ahead of the drop zone, and surely other teams like Bolton & Burton will have tough seasons ahead as well. im still looking at that all important 4th or 5th from bottom as being a success for us if we can achieve it this season.

Thiam's a puzzle , what is he , a striker ? , a wide man ? .

Thought he was shocking myself today when he came on but other than today he's shown signs of talent .

Generally speaking players are brought to club's with a specific role to play in a system already planned in advance .

This is how I want to play and recruit accordingly .

Wilson brought Matt Appleby to the club because he was a very good spare man playing in a 3 man defensive system .

I see little sign of Thiam fitting in to any of the systems I've seen Hecky employ .

I initially thought he was one of Hecky's picks in this recruitment system we have but I'm not so sure now .

I'm a big fan of PH but i think he doesn't know how to change a game , he certainly doesn't know which system or players to use, because for some odd reason we are well overloaded in midfield , and using loan players before the one's we have signed eg Ugbo before our own 1 million striker ?. Williams before the numerous replacements that are signed already ?. Look Back over the back of last season and the beginning of this ?. That's relegation form and Hecky is certainly not above any critiscism , i hope it doesn't happen , but he has top weight on just now to avoid being relegated.

Exactly Roma, and I see one or two more fans are now starting to question Hecky for various reasons. While I understand the reasons and the excuses that go in his favour, I think its fair to say hes NOT above any sort of criticism is he. And yes I agree that this is not just a short term thing of two months+ into the new season etc. This DOES indeed go back to last season as well and it could go all the way back to Feb onwards.
    That win at Millwall recently was ace and it brought a bit of much needed relief for us all didnt it. But remember if we'd lost that game we could have dropped into the bottom 3, so none of us could afford to over-react after that first away win.

The thing that annoys me the most here is the idea that somebody else at a higher level is pulling Hecky's strings, and they are the ones who are signing certain players etc. If thats true then I think he is being given an unfair hand to play with admittedly, but surely you still should try to play to your strengths. I wish he wouldnt pick favourites like Potts & Pearson & Ugbo for example who arent good enough (in my opinion). And at the same time he chooses to leave out players like Mallan & Thiam for no appreant reason whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hull certainly dont look like a team who have just come down from the Prem and they stole the points today, but Im getting a bit annoyed at saying this (like after the Wolves match as well) when we are unlucky to end up losing.
    My thoughts today as We drove away from the ground, wet through and angry at losing to another team who were no better than us, only Bristol....(Yes, not Villa either,j were better than us this season and not beatable on the day....
    Same old, Same old. Predictable game, result and same “we should have beaten them”
    Long ball, Hoof, Bradders gets a flick....back it comes.... hooof, Ugbo jumps and misses....back it comes......
    This isn’t working.
    For Once Channel 5 and Colin the Ears made us look like we were unlucky. We weren’t, we got to 65 minutes and fell back AGAIN.
    invited them on, and the end result was the same old same old. A few good chances, half hearted shots, pokes and girly tap ins in the 6 yd box ( when a good tonk was required!)
    With the deepest respect to the people we clap for who are no longer with us, perhaps we should hold a minutes shouting clapping and Farting to wake the damn team up at 65 minutes to the fact that this is danger time at home. Stop sitting back at 65 minutes
    (And no, I haven’t checked facts...... it just feels like it)..... someone will though).

I’ve calmed down a bit now from my earlier statement, re PH, but I have a feeling that he won’t be here in January.
    How long does he get... from August to December to bed in 15 new lads and see a return start to happen?
    How long after that with any new signings from January? Maybe with PC in charge he would be given the nod to see us stay up fourth from bottom and another year to work the magic with this lot on 3 year deals. ...... but new businessmen owners doing this?
    Mmmmmm.

No beer was harmed in the making of this post...... only had 3!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast