+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So Much For 4-4-2 Then !!!

Ive only had 16 and a half beers today Jules and I still feel the same!! (ok yes Im joking, its not that many lol)
    If we do get the new owners that we're all talking about, then I also think they will want to get rid of Hecky and bring in their own choice. Its their money, and its their choice etc.!!
    Your knee jerk reaction earlier today Jules was to get rid of him, and that surprised me. I can see though that some of our stronger Hecky fans like yourself and Roma, are also noticing real cracks in the walls now.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ive only had 16 and a half beers today Jules and I still feel the same!! (ok yes Im joking, its not that many lol)
    If we do get the new owners that we're all talking about, then I also think they will want to get rid of Hecky and bring in their own choice. Its their money, and its their choice etc.!!
    Your knee jerk reaction earlier today Jules was to get rid of him, and that surprised me. I can see though that some of our stronger Hecky fans like yourself and Roma, are also noticing real cracks in the walls now.
    There aren't any cracks , he makes mistakes , what was Jose doing today then ?
    Why can't Klopp realise he needs to defend well ?
    What about Wenger , when was the last time they won the league ?

These are supposedly the elite managers and yet I can pick flaws off them all day long .

Name me a manager who can come here and improve us ?

He's lost his top players and had to replace them on a shoestring , what the feck do you expect ?

Get off his back ffs .

He's only one voice in the recruitment process and yet he gets the stick .

Not having it guys , talk some reight ballax some of ya .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 22-10-2017 at 12:37 AM.

Soz Animal but I couldnt care less about what those managers did this weekend at ManUre & Liverpool etc, they are totally irrelevant to us. And I notice how these blokes keep getting mentioned as a 'false opposition' everytime when some of us choose to criticise our own so called 'messiah' of a manager.

My argument to begin with here is I dont want Hecky out of course not, BUT Im not going to suck up to him anymore because he is not without blame here. And how much longer can you all keep accepting this before admitting he isnt above criticism ?.

And it might be so called 'reight ballax' eh Animal, but how many of you lot will still stick by Hecky because of where he was born ?. Surely this can only carry on for so long. What if the bloke took us down to Lg Two in successive seasons, how many would keep playing the Barnsley born and bred card ?.

Soz Animal but I couldnt care less about what those managers did this weekend at ManUre & Liverpool etc, they are totally irrelevant to us. And I notice how these blokes keep getting mentioned as a 'false opposition' everytime when some of us choose to criticise our own so called 'messiah' of a manager.

My argument to begin with here is I dont want Hecky out of course not, BUT Im not going to suck up to him anymore because he is not without blame here. And how much longer can you all keep accepting this before admitting he isnt above criticism ?.

And it might be so called 'reight ballax' eh Animal, but how many of you lot will still stick by Hecky because of where he was born ?. Surely this can only carry on for so long. What if the bloke took us down to Lg Two in successive seasons, how many would keep playing the Barnsley born and bred card ?.
    So come on then , name me someone who in YOUR OPINION , could manage this club under the restrictions he's had to and have us higher up the league .

The truth is you can't , you'd sooner knock spots off him because that's easy isn't it .

Anybody can do that , but let's not factor in the fact he's lost all his top players , had to replace them from the lower leagues and an age restriction and doesn't even have the remit to sign them , he's just one voice in a committee .

He isn't a messiah , never was , is he above criticism ? , no he isn't but if you are going down that path then realise he's working under massive restrictions and factor that in .

Feckin Hell are we having a Rotherham season , we aren't even in the bottom 3 and he's under pressure .

Fecking unbelievable acido , if it weren't for him we wouldn't even be in the championship .

Horrible game played in horrible conditions, followed by a horrible walk home.
    Smash and grab by a team that rarely threatened our goal.
    Another home game where we got less than we deserved.

I agree with Roma - Jackson was MOM for me. Was it just coincidence that we conceded after he'd gone off? I don't think so.

/Heckycriticism
    Seems like Hecky has two systems on offer. 4-4-2 hoofball or 4-5-1 football. I think he should stick to the football. We might conceivably have got some joy playing hoofball with the wind behind us, but only an idiot would play that system when you're kicking into the wind.
    /endofHeckycriticism

we play hoofball all the time with or without 4 5 1

Animal gi ore talkin sense mate. Every time we lose its the same dribble on here. Christ we all feel the hurt when we lose but nobody is saying that Hecky is above criticism. He's only human and makes mistakes like anyone does. Cut the bloke some slack ffs. We all have opinions but there's always got to be balance imo. Things are difficult. New lads here who need to learn to get something out of games at any cost. Lets face it we could and perhaps should have had another 5 or 6 points on the board so factoring that in we're not too far off imo. It'll come eventually. Listen there's definite room for improvement, always is in life but some need to have a broader view and ask themselves if things are really as bad as they think

Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
    Horrible game played in horrible conditions, followed by a horrible walk home.
    Smash and grab by a team that rarely threatened our goal.
    Another home game where we got less than we deserved.

I agree with Roma - Jackson was MOM for me. Was it just coincidence that we conceded after he'd gone off? I don't think so.

/Heckycriticism
    Seems like Hecky has two systems on offer. 4-4-2 hoofball or 4-5-1 football. I think he should stick to the football. We might conceivably have got some joy playing hoofball with the wind behind us, but only an idiot would play that system when you're kicking into the wind.
    /endofHeckycriticism

Have you considered that only an idiot would sell or allow almost all the team to leave & having to start afresh?

It was bloomin awful wasnt it, a miserable day weather wise and the result certainly wasnt what we all wanted to see.
    Hull certainly dont look like a team who have just come down from the Prem and they stole the points today, but Im getting a bit annoyed at saying this (like after the Wolves match as well) when we are unlucky to end up losing.

I prefer to see us stick with 2 up front at home so I wont knock Hecky for trying it today. Hes dropped another boloni though by bringing back the kid Ugbo who is simply not good enough on current showing and hes too similar to Bradshaw. We've got an option there in Thiam, what the heck is he thinking of by reducing him to a subs role again ?.

Other results have gone our way today and we're still 2+ points ahead of the drop zone, and surely other teams like Bolton & Burton will have tough seasons ahead as well. im still looking at that all important 4th or 5th from bottom as being a success for us if we can achieve it this season.
    We’re doing better than what you hoped for up to now then !

I’ll make my position on PH clear so there’s no mistake.
    He’s doing a great job. I don’t want him sacked, what he’s done/doing with the resources and upheaval is great.
    In a post at the beginning of the season, I said we’d have a season the reversal of last. I still believe that. (Dig out my post if you care to).
    Old goat summed my frustration up yesterday very well. Why persist in Hoof all against a wind when clearly we were outplaying them and creating chances on the floor?
    It’s still early days for this lot, if we (and Paul Heckingbottom can survive this season I believe we can get success with some of theses lads.

I do believe though that the new owners will want us to be winning more games, and for that reason think that he won’t be here at Christmas.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast