+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Constructive criticism.

Constructive criticism.

1. When a team is waving the white flag,go for the jugular and get 3,4 then 5.
    2. Less of the over egging (again,like against Ipswich). Once more our second came from simple pass and move and a quick ball accross the goal. Too many times we stop and come back resulting in lost possession and opportunity.
    3. Under no circumstances stop playing our football. It was only when we syarted flapping and hoofing they thought they had a chance.

Great 3 points again,I and most would have took 2-1 before ko,but goal difference is very important and a 3-0 or more which is what we should have got today would see us level with or above Cardiff.

Brilliant campaign so far and the belief and teamwork is amazing.
    UTB.

I thought we did some classy work in and around their box SBT and think one day you’ll get your wish.

In the first half we were immense!

The big factor for them coming into the game for me was them bringing on Swift and Duffy going off with 15-20 minutes to go. We lost our shape and started hitting it longer after we’d passed it around so much of the game and Swift started pulling their strings.

Brooks isn’t a replacement for Duffy right now, he’s not disciplined enough (yet) and so in retrospect Caruthers would have been the better change and push Brooks alongside Clarke like we did in the end.

Minor points though, no real complaints from me on yet another overall excellent performance. It’s a long time since since I’ve been as happy with what I’m seeing on the pitch and both players and manager are doing us proud. UTB

Shows how far we've come in such a short space of time that I'm walking out annoyed we conceded,the majority of that game was a joy to watch,yes we got a bit sloppy late in the game I'm sure chris will flag it up and make sure it doesn't happen again

Good times tho

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    In the first half we were immense!

The big factor for them coming into the game for me was them bringing on Swift and Duffy going off with 15-20 minutes to go. We lost our shape and started hitting it longer after we’d passed it around so much of the game and Swift started pulling their strings.

Brooks isn’t a replacement for Duffy right now, he’s not disciplined enough (yet) and so in retrospect Caruthers would have been the better change and push Brooks alongside Clarke like we did in the end.

Minor points though, no real complaints from me on yet another overall excellent performance. It’s a long time since since I’ve been as happy with what I’m seeing on the pitch and both players and manager are doing us proud. UTB
    I was very suprised that Swift dint start for them,i don't know if he's been injured and on the way back to fitness but he was their best player by a long way.I tek your point reuffy i was surprised he was hooked but we shudda put the game to bed along time before he went off,Billy shudda scored wi his header (straight at the keeper)but it really is good the way we're playin and long may it last.UTCB

Last 20 mins kept the fans on their toes for sure,but we hammered (without the score reflecting it) last season's play off finalist's (who the piglets say would have been an easy stepping stone to the prem) had they got to Wembley.

It must have been a hard slog against the wind and rain in the second half in our faces.

On another note i was surprised that Reading were allowed to play in that full tangerine kit as it was conflicting with the stewards jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Last 20 mins kept the fans on their toes for sure,but we hammered (without the score reflecting it) last season's play off finalist's (who the piglets say would have been an easy stepping stone to the prem) had they got to Wembley.

It must have been a hard slog against the wind and rain in the second half in our faces.

On another note i was surprised that Reading were allowed to play in that full tangerine kit as it was conflicting with the stewards jackets.
    Reminded me of being at Ayresome Park in the Bassett promotion from Div 2,(3-3 scoreline) when our team and fans luminous yellow did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post

We said the same thing about their kit, it was even more fluorescent than the stewards if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I was very suprised that Swift dint start for them,i don't know if he's been injured and on the way back to fitness but he was their best player by a long way.I tek your point reuffy i was surprised he was hooked but we shudda put the game to bed along time before he went off,Billy shudda scored wi his header (straight at the keeper)but it really is good the way we're playin and long may it last.UTCB
    Yes Swift looked quality Rod, he must have been injured, same goes for McShane who came on at right back. A bit mouthy but has always impressed me.