I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought we played OK on Saturday, so am relieved to see I’m not! Can’t see how Lowery was to blame for the first goal, when an experienced CH misjudged the bounce, let the Number 10 get ahead of him and then showed his lack of pace before bringing him down. There was me thinking it was his job to mark a CF!

We did look better when Walker replaced Grant, and George certainly had one of his off days. Lowery was the pick of the midfield for the reasons given above; comparisons with Jones are a bit premature I think, although I can see similarities- maybe Tommy will start scoring more often when he takes pens too!

The reason we lost was because our strikers couldn’t take advantage of the chances created for them. 2 one on ones in the first 15 minutes, inviting crosses sent in by Ainley and Bowery where Porter didn’t take the risk of attacking them, several bouts of pinball in their box where it didn’t quite go our way. If Stanley are promotion material then we have nothing to worry about; problem with that is they aren’t promotion material on that showing.