+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gaffer

Butcher has only ever been a success at ICT, much like many of their other managers. There's something about ICT which works for certain managers. Brewster, Hughes, Robertson, Butcher all had success at ICT but couldn't do it anywhere else. I'd be very wary of him coming on board.

I'll be gobsmacked if it isn't McIntyre. The cheap, lazy option that ST will see as a chance to bring in someone without having to do his homework. McIntyre will not get us out of this league. Guaranteed.

Billy Davies is the only candidate I'd entertain to start with. I said it when Sackie left; and I repeated it when Mixup left. He's the ONLY person (not currently employed) that has a pedigree and a football brain akin to Craig Levein, as I firmly believe we need someone to take over the entire FOOTBALL side of things, like Levein did. So OK Davies has allegedly said in the papers that a job in Scotland is below him, but the fact is that no-one has seen it appropriate to employ him in years as he's seen to have baggage and is a nippy sweetie. The only way he's going to get a top job in football again is by starting lower. We fit that bill currently much as it pains me to say it.

The fact of the matter is that whoever we're going to replace Ray with is going to have plenty of crosses in the AGAINST column: ex Celtic, ex Rangers/The Rangers, ex player, ex pundit, funny voice, allegedly went to swingers clubs etc. But it's the ticks in the FOR box that is the important one. That and we are ONLY 5 POINTS AHENT ST MIRREN in spite of playing like rabbits in headlights for all but Dunfermline away.

It's not that fact I don't want an ex old firm player as manager it's just guys like McNamara/McCulloch/McCann and even Scott McDonald who are still obsessed by their time with the filth that i dont want near our club

Cathro.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    It's not that fact I don't want an ex old firm player as manager it's just guys like McNamara/McCulloch/McCann and even Scott McDonald who are still obsessed by their time with the filth that i dont want near our club
    Jocky Scott please.

Also no ex dees

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post
    We are ****ing skint mate.

County have a far bigger budget than us thanks to mcgregor and Killie only got Clarke as he has a family tie to the club.

We will go for an experienced jobber or a young manager - not a big name.

If we spend on a big name and end up staying down we are staring a financial disaster in the face...
    I would go for Billy Davies personally. Plenty of fire and passion in there and has proven record, the only stumbling block as with other candidates is ST. I heard Stubbs being mentioned on the way up the road from the match, but not for me.

If it was purely about money, then Stevie Aitken at Dumbarton is as good as shout as any imo.

Billy Davies should be the first person we contact. If he knocks us back then we move on but he should be our no1 priority.

Billy Davies last month:

“I will not jump back in to a St Mirren, a Dundee United, a Hearts, with all due respect to these clubs. I know I am a very good football manager. I will not jump back into football and take a job that is beneath me.”

Aye, I posted that on here about Davies also a couple o weeks or so ago. Fek him , jumped up moothpiece full of his own s.hite.

Mind you, maybe just what the squad need that kind of arrogant mouthery.

Interesting that no one has gone near him for a managers job though.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)