+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gaffer

New Gaffer

Looking at Ross County and Kilmarnock getting the quality of manager they have, surely we can get someone descent with a large budget bigger than those two clubs i would imagine and bigger fan base by far. Yes in a lower league so who can we get. Who would you take???

Steve Evans
    Alan stubbs
    Alan Irvine
    Derek Adams
    John Hughes
    Mark Mcghee
    Justin Edinbrugh
    Billy McKinlay
    George Burley

Only my opinion but under new ownership Stevie Clarke would have been a brilliant appointment but that is now Kilmarnock's gain,we remain hamstrung with the rent man in command.If anybody we a few bob who loves United is reading this please get your finger oot and get Thompson away tae phuck ASAP.There is every chance we will at best remain a Championship club until he is out the door.

I doubt we could get the better names on that list.

Terry Butcher knows what it takes to get out the division.

He’s got pedigree, won’t take ****e.

Did it as a player, captain and enjoyed success at our level as a manager.

With Malpas as Assistant we’d have two guys who would ensure the players know that the performance today as an example is not and never will be acceptable.

He’s not ideal. But the best of a bad bunch in terms of who is available to me.

He’s had a terrible time of it recently and my heart bleeds for him but a till the end of the season gig with a guarantee of one/two years in event of promotion may just entice him.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    I doubt we could get the better names on that list.

Terry Butcher knows what it takes to get out the division.

He’s got pedigree, won’t take ****e.

Did it as a player, captain and enjoyed success at our level as a manager.

With Malpas as Assistant we’d have two guys who would ensure the players know that the performance today as an example is not and never will be acceptable.

He’s not ideal. But the best of a bad bunch in terms of who is available to me.

He’s had a terrible time of it recently and my heart bleeds for him but a till the end of the season gig with a guarantee of one/two years in event of promotion may just entice him.
    Agree wi this M.

Although wouldnt have Malpas - Daly maybe.

Some of the names on that list horrify me tbh and they would not have a clue in our league.

Derek Adams would be great but don’t think we’d get close to tempting him.

There are plenty managers available that have got clubs up or done ok in our league - eg McIntyre, Stubbs, D Lennon

Jack Ross would be best man for the job but I am guessing that won’t happen. ST would never spend to actually get him.

If he were our manager with squad we have got we would romp to the title. As it is we are lucky to still be in touch

That would be a good shout, i agree Daly as assistant not Malpas.

Also would only give deal until end of season, with longer deal dependant on promotion.

everyone one i know keeps saying lennon. Facts are he did well - but his accent - he sounds like a junkie ffs

We’d never get Daly as assistant manager.

But Butcher knows what it takes.

Not ideal but he’s done the job we need done.

Took ICT up after being well behind Dundee.

Malpas will always be a playing legend but he would only make the club more toxic than it is,he is despised by a lot of people in the game and in the stand's which probably makes him a genuine candidate in the mind of our chairman,FACT.

Let’s park Malpas on one side

What about Butcher?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)