+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gaffer

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    ****in hell. A guy that puts out cones for a living. We need a proven manager. Not an up n comer. Not an assistant who's never been a manager before. We are well & truly up **** creek if we get this wrong.
    Take it beh the language yir no in agreement?

Quote Originally Posted by chayirbazov View Post
    Take it beh the language yir no in agreement?
    Nah no really mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    Also no ex dees

Exactly! Look at the mess McLean made of the Club!

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Arab_Plumber who would be your realistic choice to take over?
    The plumber will already know who the new manager is. His mole at Tannadice who told him Cammy Bell was away will tell him. Lol

The same Jim McIntyre who signed Ryan Dow and Phil Mikkelson and who the Ross County players thought was a useless kunt?

Nah yir arite!

John Hughes til the end of the season. You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by shed_boy_21 View Post
    The same Jim McIntyre who signed Ryan Dow and Phil Mikkelson and who the Ross County players thought was a useless kunt?

Nah yir arite!

John Hughes til the end of the season. You heard it here first.
    Don't know if Dow is getting a game but Mikkelson scored the winner yesterday.

There's a recurring theme by the way - players that don't perform at United but seem to come good elsewhere. Coincidence maybe. Or maybe not.

Anyway it's all about opinions. JH could be great or he could be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Aye, I posted that on here about Davies also a couple o weeks or so ago. Fek him , jumped up moothpiece full of his own s.hite.

Mind you, maybe just what the squad need that kind of arrogant mouthery.

Interesting that no one has gone near him for a managers job though.
    I’ve heard a rumour from down south that Davies is seen to be too money mad.

From the quotes above he is not interested though as he himself says he would be cut above kind of candidates we are having to look at in our lowly position

I'd love to see a foreign coach at Tannadice who could really coach players to play good passing football with a quality end product, but the time for that is when we are a mid table SPL side, not scrambling to get back there. Right now we need experience and at least Hughes and McIntyre tick both those boxes. Whoever we go for it won't be worse than what we've had, but it will be a gamble.

I’m not sure about McIntyre. JH though I’m fearful of. Don’t think he’s a great tactician. Ok he can motivate a bit which the squad need but we need a bit of nous as well. McIntyre I could believe in 2 years gets us up this year and then we are bottom 6 and not relegated. Sad but that is progress on the downward death spiral we seem to be in at the moment.

McIntyre has not been great at Dunfermline or Ross Co but he does have a bit of experience and know the league.

If it is him then I won’t be excited by the appointment but will feel decidedly more hopeful that with ray.

I agree would be great to get in a foreign coach and see a better product. Right now though we just need someone who knows how to win games in the Scottish championship

Advertise the job by Christ.

See who applys for it.

Then shortlist.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)