+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cabaye´s tackle

Cabaye´s tackle

Just seen this tackle for the first time. For me it´s a straight red and can´t understand how the ref saw it any differently. I´d be alarmed if Cabaye´s rehearsed immediate apology swayed the ref.

After that I´m just pleased Yedlin is OK (Lejeune wasn´t after a very similar one from Kane) and we won.

If it was shelvey or mitrovic they would of been sent straight off. Its the second time Berlin has had a nasty tackle,but can't remember who did it

Aye, he was a lucky lucky player to stay on.

I suppose that is where reputation comes in though, like you said Shelvey or Mitro straight off. I do however think that would of been a straight red later on in game. Think the ref just went for benefit of doubt earlier on.

It was a bad tackle, but to be honest I'm not one to complain or think too much about these things after a game. Yedlin himself could well have been sent off last week, then he wouldn't have played this game.

It was a leg breaker in my opinion.

All three on MOTD agreed that Cabaye was very lucky not to recieve a red card. Funny thing is, it was a very similar challenge as the one made by media darling Kane on Lejeune earlier in the season, none of the pundits foud much wrong with that one.

As I posted in another thread, if it had been Shelvey or Mitro, it would have been a straight red imo.

But then again Yedlin was very, very lucky not to have been sent off last week. So we can't really complain.

It would be interesting to see their reactions iff Kane started doing those types of tackles every few games or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It would be interesting to see their reactions iff Kane started doing those types of tackles every few games or so.
    Jammy man Stevie Gee,med a career oot of it...Nowt was said,he did a lunge tackle every other game at least!
    Once ya in the England fold, you are Teflon...

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Jammy man Stevie Gee,med a career oot of it...Nowt was said,he did a lunge tackle every other game at least!
    Once ya in the England fold, you are Teflon...
    Fair point.

I suppose difference might be social media pouring over it much more now?

Why is anyone surprised. He did them every few games when he played for us. I remember one at the pink seat stadium which he probably should have been sent off for. At least Shelvey got him back when we scored.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)