+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freedom of Speech

Freedom of Speech

Slowly but surely Freedom of Speech will be a thing of the past the way things are going.

I reserve my right to call someone from Liverpool a bin dipper, an Irishman Paddy, the Jewish Yids, Polish Pole's, Japanese Nip's, a Pakistani a P a k i, a gay a shirtlifter, a blackboard will forever be what it is, a Blackboard, same with a Man hole cover.

With the above I don't mean anything derogatory , racist or ***ist by it, its what I and many of us have grown up with.

I woke up this morning with the talk show radio station LBC as I usually do and kept hearing "The B word", I was wondering what this word was when the penny dropped just as I just spooned my breakfast of Cornflakes and fruit into my mouth, needless to say it was sprayed all over the dinning room table.

The word was "Bitch", has it come to this now that that word cannot be used on the radio ?

I refer to Labour MP Clive Lewis who told actor Sam Swann to “get on your knees bitch” at a fringe event, Swann later described the situation as “jovial”.

Everyone and his dog who have authority only in their own head have commented,

Harriet Harman wrote: “Inexplicable. Inexcusable. Dismayed.” Stella Creasy said: “It’s not OK. Even if it’s meant as a joke, reinforces menace that men have the physical power to force compliance.”

"reinforces menace that men have the physical power to force compliance.” I think Stella Creasy does not even understand the meaning of the joke at all.

I find it strange that it is seemingly O.K. for Black folk to call fellow black folk N i g g e r yet white people are not, I was married to a black women for 12 years and a few times in fun/jest used to call her N i g g e r.

MP Clive Lewis has apologised, WHAT THE HELL FOR ?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-knees-comment

I absolutely love this story, a lefty caught out by lefty lunacy. Sorry Clive, there's no such thing as a harmless bit of fun on the loony left, you should know that. I think he should volunteer for one of those awareness courses to better understand gender equality and women's empowerment. Nothing less will do, an apology won't be enough.

Not at all sure how this can be regarded as a criticism of left of centre politics.

We have all read about the current Harvey Weinstein allegations and the use of him attempting to use his power and influence to coerce women into unwanted ***ual activity.

In the current climate for any man to say to a man or a woman “get on your knees bitch” really is, “Inexplicable and inexcusable".

I too am really dismayed that any man with an ounce of intelligence would use such terminology. It really is not OK, even if it’s meant as a joke, it reinforces the Weinstein menace that men have the physical power to force ***ual compliance.

Lewis' stupid comments will probably render his position in the Labour Party untenable.

Alto, if you use the "N" word in public now, God help you. What a man and wife are comfortable with in the confines of their own marriage is a matter for them alone but people who live their lives in the public domain really should know better.

If you want to get really incensed about something, let's start a campaign on my current pet hate - the Burka. Now that is an obscenity that seriously needs banning!
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 22-10-2017 at 09:13 AM.

One point and one question BT, it appears he was actually saying it to a man, not a woman, and given the absolute taboo on the Left about using such language, why do you think he said it ?

I was not paying attention to detail sinkov, still suffering with an "Etihad Hangover".

Can't speak for someone else and why they say things, but it comes across even worse man to man.

What is your obsession with the left wing of the Labour Party?

If David Davis had said such a thing to Philip Hammond would you still be outraged?

I will repeat myself to avoid any confusion, people who live their lives in the public domain really should know better.

"i am proud to be asian" Asian man
    "i am proud to be black" Black man
    "i am proud to be English" Racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    "i am proud to be asian" Asian man
    "i am proud to be black" Black man
    "i am proud to be English" Racist.
    Thats me down to a tee..

We have become so multi-cultural that we no longer know our own culture and definitely dare not show it --even if we did!
    PC has gone completely OTT and common sense has long since gone out of the window with any statement likely to cause offence to somebody somewhere --even those that claim not to speak English

I constantly walk on eggshells, in my day to day business life. The risk of offending someone with an innocuous comment is ominously ever present.

The joy of living is slowly being sucked out of us and that is why I enjoy the personal company of fellow Burnley supporters so much.

We have the craic, we share a common interest and phook anybody off who gets in our way!

BT, I cannot take you seriously when you make a comment after not reading it properly and like Stella Creasy not fully understanding the "Joke".

"Alto, if you use the "N" word in public now, God help you. What a man and wife are comfortable with in the confines of their own marriage is a matter for them alone but people who live their lives in the public domain really should know better".

Again you miss the point of my question, why is it O.K. for Blacks to call themselves N i g g e r but white folk cannot ? you cannot have one rule for one culture and a different one for another, that's being prejudice isn't it ?

Weinstein, like left, right of centre politics has nothing to do with it.,

I got accused of saying the wrong thing on here a while ago when I said "Lets Hammer the Yids" talking about beating Tottenham, there was no pun or cleverness meant in my phrase at all, I believe it was yourself who put up a post about a Jew being beaten with a hammer a few decades earlier, what the hell has that to do with a saying that has been said well before he was killed, its splitting hairs to suit one's own agenda who go with the current flow of picking on what we say instead of looking at the context of the sentence before making a mountain out of a mole hill.

There was a fruit drink a few years ago called Titanic, their slogan at the time was "It goes down a treat" straight away I thought the PC brigade will be on that like a shot, Did I say Shot ? perhaps the PC brigade will pull me up on that for all the innocent folk executed in WW2, do you see where I'm going ?

The great war film (I forget the title) where there is a dog called N i g g e r, they wanted to re make it but change the name of the dog, it really is pathetic.

The Black female MP who was in a lift in the House of commons when 3 male MP's entered, looked at her and said "You should not be in here as this is a lift for MP's, she later got a solicitor and claimed it was racism when it was nothing of the sort, derogatory maybe but never racist, but she "chose" to make it that.

All this PC lunacy started years ago and has been getting more aggressive every year, I remember walking through a shopping centre in North London about 18 years ago with my mixed race Daughter, she was 12 at the time, I had my arm around her shoulder as we talked and laughed, 2 men walking toward us looked at me and uttered the words "You dirty Bastid", another ignorant pair who like to judge without an ounce of common sense in their head.

"I constantly walk on eggshells, in my day to day business life. The risk of offending someone with an innocuous comment is ominously ever present".

Your above comment hits the nail on the head BT, its stupid and getting worse, and why should you, in my job my company forbid anyone calling a female member of the public "love" its just a word yet they have decided it should not be used.

If you cannot use common sense without wanting to insinuate your own context of a sentence then IMO in your head you are worse than the person who actually said the words.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)