+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Freedom of Speech

"......The great war film (I forget the title) where there is a dog called N i g g e r, they wanted to re make it but change the name of the dog, it really is pathetic......."

Alto, that would be The Dambusters because that was the name of Guy Gibson's dog, however, they musn't let reality get in the way of PC. Mind you, they would probably claim that the bombing of the dams wasn't very PC either and want us to apologise for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    "......The great war film (I forget the title) where there is a dog called N i g g e r, they wanted to re make it but change the name of the dog, it really is pathetic......."

Alto, that would be The Dambusters because that was the name of Guy Gibson's dog, however, they musn't let reality get in the way of PC. Mind you, they would probably claim that the bombing of the dams wasn't very PC either and want us to apologise for that.
    Yes the Dambusters, thanks Super, the way American's change history by putting their own ideas into old war's for their films to make them more "digestible" is laughable.

Sometimes Alto, I simply question my own integrity.

That is how daft it has become!

I hate racism, I celebrate diversity, I hate the burka, I cannot abide the Tories, I'm as crazy and mixed up as you!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sometimes Alto, I simply question my own integrity.

That is how daft it has become!

I hate racism, I celebrate diversity, I hate the burka, I cannot abide the Tories, I'm as crazy and mixed up as you!
    I'm as daft as a Looney Tune BT, but I'm not mixed up, a saying from my Mother and one you'll know being a Northerner yourself is "I like right" and I hate what some folk are doing to our world and especially our Country, I'm just a mere soul who cannot change anything in the big scheme of things and can only vent my spleen of what I believe, be it right or wrong

The difference between me and you Alto is I refuse to let it be.

If I see a wrong I try to right it and I believe with all of my heart that we need to stifle the barstewards on the right of global politics and I spend a lot of my time trying to redress the balance.

Vote Labour!

Attachment 6957

Bloody hell, everyone one here seems to be "Disgusted, Tunbridge Wells"

Lighten up the lot of you, it's the only life we have so try to enjoy it.

If you get off on calling people from other countries insulting names then that is your problem. Why not try to show them some respect instead? You might actually find that the world becomes a better place.

White trash, the lot of you

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    White trash, the lot of you
    Its better than trailer trash like alf

What is your obsession with the left wing of the Labour Party?

If David Davis had said such a thing to Philip Hammond would you still be outraged?

I will repeat myself to avoid any confusion, people who live their lives in the public domain really should know better.
    I'm obsessed with politics BT, but not particularly with the hard left. I just despise them, probably as much as you despise the Tories

I'm not outraged by what Lewis said at all BT, far from it, seems to me he was just letting his hair down and having a bit of fun and banter with some mates, in fact behaving like a normal human being, not a PC obsessed drone as so many of our politicians are, and not just on the left either. He's gone up in my estimation, even if he has peed on his chips with his chance of becoming Labour leader. I find the whole episode amusing and the howls of outrage from the sisterhood hilarious, another sanctimonious lefty hoist by his own lefty petard. Love it.

We have all read about the current Harvey Weinstein allegations and the use of him attempting to use his power and influence to coerce women into unwanted ***ual activity.

In the current climate for any man to say to a man or a woman “get on your knees bitch” really is, “Inexplicable and inexcusable".
    I too am really dismayed that any man with an ounce of intelligence would use such terminology. It really is not OK, even if it’s meant as a joke, it reinforces the Weinstein menace that men have the physical power to force ***ual compliance.
    I doubt any woman will come to any harm as a result of Clive Lewis having a bit of fun, whatever 'inappropriate' language he might use, and to try and equate it with the obnoxious liberal, lefty feminist Weinstein's behaviour over many years is plainly ridiculous.

And while on this subject BT, while you are so concerned to protect women from abuse by word or deed, (although in my own experience the vast majority of women are perfectly capable of looking after themselves, on the odd occasion I've tried to take unwanted liberties I've been quickly sorted out and no mistake) what do you make of the success of '50 Shades of Grey', one of the fastest selling books of all time and a hugely successful film, with the readership reported to be 90% women and the overwhelming majority watching it in the cinemas also women. Far from needing protection from the utterances of Clive Lewis it would appear that 'on your knees bitch' is quite an attractive proposition for millions of the fairer ***. Don't tell Harriet Harman though.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I doubt any woman will come to any harm as a result of Clive Lewis having a bit of fun, whatever 'inappropriate' language he might use, and to try and equate it with the obnoxious liberal, lefty feminist Weinstein's behaviour over many years is plainly ridiculous.

And while on this subject BT, while you are so concerned to protect women from abuse by word or deed, (although in my own experience the vast majority of women are perfectly capable of looking after themselves, on the odd occasion I've tried to take unwanted liberties I've been quickly sorted out and no mistake) what do you make of the success of '50 Shades of Grey', one of the fastest selling books of all time and a hugely successful film, with the readership reported to be 90% women and the overwhelming majority watching it in the cinemas also women. Far from needing protection from the utterances of Clive Lewis it would appear that 'on your knees bitch' is quite an attractive proposition for millions of the fairer ***. Don't tell Harriet Harman though.
    Rape away sinkov, just rape away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)