+ Visit Hibernian FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian, Steve, Godflesh.....hi

Brian, Steve, Godflesh.....hi

It’s been a long time but the game yesterday made me think of you guys. Belated warm congratulations on your epic Scottish cup win.

The years have changed me and I hope that in time you will come to love me again.

Kind regards,

An Old Friend.

Wow, these boards are like some kind of dystopian wasteland. It’s almost like they were better back when I was a regular contributor.

Cheers,

Pete
    Last edited by TwoFour601; 22-10-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Hi Pete.

Welcome back.

Yeah mate, they have all but died.

Brian has left and rarely comes on, lovely bloke though, never changed.

Im trying to run it myself, but not having much luck.

Gods hasn't been on in a while either.

Mate. back then the board was a ****e storm, it was fun sometimes and a nightmare others.

We have all grown up.

Dye popped on a while back. So did Cortex. (met both, cracking guys)

I hadn't been on for a couple of days a wee while back due to work, and logged in to find Billy had gotten drunk and absolutely blootered the board with druken threads, talking to himself. (Met Billy once, nice bloke as well, but an absolute lunatic)

Deetox tried to buy hearts, failed, now posts on the dundee board about them building new stadiums and half the SPL are close to joining english footy.

Demas is still about, mainly talk to him on twitter.

Good friends with Noto, he is in a bad way just now, if you scroll down board, there's a thread about him, linking to a story.

Embrager is a life long friend, work colleague, just moved with his new missus to Motherwell area.

Gadgey55 i see on and off. my missus works beside his, not much changed there.

Maxywell im no sure if you were both around at the same time. I play an online footy manager game against him so im still in touch.

No heard from Cent and Boom for years, had both their numbers at one point. Cent stays close to me, so ive passed him in the car a few times, but never spoke. (once seen him satruggling, walking up the road with about 15 shopping bags, behind his wife who had none, dressed in a black fila tracksuit, no as rich as he made oot )

Good to speak to you again.

I actually had a look on your wee site a few months back, but it seemed to be dead.
    Last edited by 1875STEVE; 23-10-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Barnstorming response Steve, cheers. Really enjoyed reading that.

The glory days of Hibs-Mad were really brilliant. Fraught at times, but more often utterly hilarious. I think it goes to show that if you have a community with characters and they are allowed to just be, you get brilliance.

My board is indeed dead, has been for years now. A lot of Celtic fans complained to pro boards and even their sponsors to get it shut down because they felt I was betraying them by not moderating Rangers fans unfairly in the style they would like. Didn’t have the time to set it up again, just had too much on. But it was an interesting experiment. Let a lot of band say whatever they liked within reason and it just flew. It was doing 1000 posts per day and 40000 page views a day by the end.

Would be great to get the gang back together. Like you say we have all grown up. I’m married now with 2 young kids, move to Ayrshire last year and built my own house in the countryside. I still follow fitba but I don’t go to games really and don’t take it seriously. I only tend to get worked up about Scotland.

I hope things pick up for Noto. Was really sorry to hear about poor comrade OldschoolCSC.

CORTEX - Legend
    Brian - lovely kind hearted man
    You - big gentle giant
    Godflesh - cantankerous **** with a heart of gold deep down
    DYE - irrepressible
    Billy - maniac
    Boom - horseface laceyshirt (bedpusher)
    Cent - wee bulgin eyes (bedpusher)
    Gadgey - big girls blouse
    Demas - we never got on
    Maxywell - deviant but was an ok wee guy I think
    Embrager - good guy

That’s a class story about Cent. Just how I always pictured him. He must be ancient now as well.

I was in touch with BMG for a while, but lost touch with him when I closed my Facebook.

Steve, what ever became of mad James?

Right enough, James.

Not heard from him in years.

Brian got to know him through stamp collecting and invited him on the board.

I don't think he came back after he fell out with Haggis, remember him??

He come over from Holland for a derby and Haggis put him up, he was then a cheeky fecker about Haggis' house on the board, he copped a load of abuse for it.

Right enough with Oldschool, I liked him.

The bed pushing.

One of them text me the photo bragging about being on holiday, I posted it on here and they were not happy.

Good to hear your doing well.

Ive got an 8-year-old son myself.

Just remebered other posters, Walk_the_Mat i think it was and AFC83 were good lads.

I remember that now with James. He was very very odd indeed.

Those two dons fans, yep, for sure. They were good posters. Robust, but good with it.

My boy is 4 and have a 3 month old baby girl. Much easier this time around, parenting is actually quite good eh? When it’s not absolute graft.

I’ve turned my back on organised religion as well Steve and full embraced gay rights! Godflesh would be so proud.

Boom and Cent used to take some heavy abuse, it was so much fun. Did the GorgieLoyal board die a death as well?

No sure about Gorgieloyal no been on it for ages......

Can hardly remember life before, my laddie is a real handful sometimes, he has ADHD and bounces off the walls 24/7. Wouldnt change a thing mind you.

I remember you being quite religious. each to their own, it was never something I was ever exposed to, so I never got it to be fair.

hahaha Peter. I always thought you were on the wind up about being religious just to score points with the bigots.

Nice thread though, this board was absolutely tremendous when it was rocking, So many laughs, it seems like it was a golden age of online banter that seems will never be repeated. Ive taken away from it all a good friend in Steve who is a top lad. We were lucky to have it.

Good to see you've settled down now Peter / Martin.

Ive moved to NC in the USA now, got 3 kids now and a different outlook on life.

Ha Steve, no surprise to hear Cent is still dressing like a prize plum. You can't buy taste!

What happened to Oldschool? I remember him as a quality not quantity poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownisgod View Post
    hahaha Peter. I always thought you were on the wind up about being religious just to score points with the bigots.

Nice thread though, this board was absolutely tremendous when it was rocking, So many laughs, it seems like it was a golden age of online banter that seems will never be repeated. Ive taken away from it all a good friend in Steve who is a top lad. We were lucky to have it.

Good to see you've settled down now Peter / Martin.

Ive moved to NC in the USA now, got 3 kids now and a different outlook on life.

Ha Steve, no surprise to hear Cent is still dressing like a prize plum. You can't buy taste!

What happened to Oldschool? I remember him as a quality not quantity poster.
    Brownisgod, who are you? It was indeed a golden age. I used to look forward to coming on the board every day.

Oldschool passed away quite suddenly a few years ago. Was only about 50 I think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)