+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who could be our next manager.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Because if your Ancelotti or Blanc, your going to be motivated by cash or by winning trophies, or by both. Clubs in the middle East and China can pay 5-6 times what we can, and in any case many clubs in our own league can pay much more than us.

And the best we can hope for realistically is a top 10 finish and maybe a shot at the league cup if we get lucky. Not really something they need or want on their CV...
    We are a Premiership club with International players, some people like a challenge Blanc started low and became a great manager, in other posts I have stated that our owners would have to stand up and be counted, if they can't or will not do so but are willing to just work the cash cow then why the hell are sound minded people like baggie fans just giving their hard earned to Lai?

We can make or break him.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    We are a Premiership club with International players, some people like a challenge Blanc started low and became a great manager, in other posts I have stated that our owners would have to stand up and be counted, if they can't or will not do so but are willing to just work the cash cow then why the hell are sound minded people like baggie fans just giving their hard earned to Lai?

We can make or break him.
    Benitez dropped to Champ with Toon.

If the money is right.......

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Benitez dropped to Champ with Toon.

If the money is right.......
    Perfect example Mick...wish I had come up with that...

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Perfect example Mick...wish I had come up with that...
    Benetez was already Manager when they went down, not totally his fault but he took them down, he didn’t join them as a Championship side.

Also big big difference between the potential of Newcastle and ourselves, and not just the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Benetez was already Manager when they went down, not totally his fault but he took them down, he didn’t join them as a Championship side.

Also big big difference between the potential of Newcastle and ourselves, and not just the money.
    Benetez didn't really 'take them down' he just didn't have time to save them everything was against him...however he ignored the clause to leave if they didn't stay up and chose instead to rise to the challenge of promotion back to the Premiership...as Mick pointed out 'the money was right'.

When you say the big difference between the potential of Newcastle versus West Brom brings to mind the observation of Whicka...Mon regarding the mindset of a lot of people regarding us as a small club feeding on scraps...not I might add is that my outlook on Albion.

I do believe the fat boys asking price for Newcastle was somewhat lower than what West Brom was sold for.

The potential nowadays is not the size of the gate but the longevity in the prem and the money that brings in. Pulis has a good record in the top flight hence our chairman leaves him in charge.
    We therefore have potential due to our relatively long stretch in the top flight.
    What the owner is overlooking is we, as it stands, have the potential to be relegated this season and the longer TP stays the more likely that becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post

Your right Yarm he would never come here & everyone knows it ,

I wonder what Jeremy would have done in the current circumstances.
    I reckon he'd be working behind the scenes now to get a new Head Coach in, and sack TP as soon as he'd lined one up.
    The CEO would be looking over his shoulder as well.

Keep Pulis. The last thing we want right now is uncertainty in every department. Thats what a new manager brings for weeks. Good managers get sacked, there's a huge list of managers who were considered great only to fail. IT HAPPENS. All this anything is better rubbish is akin to suicide right now. Just my opinion of course.

You're missing the ***** point, Boingy.
    I'd give up watching if we were to watch this soul-destroying football just so long as we stayed up every year. I'm no longer proud to be a Baggie.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)