This is tongue and cheek, but if I was a fly on the wall the meeting would go something like this;

Stephen Thompson- Good afternoon I have called this meeting to discuss Ray's position as we are well short of the target in getting back to the Premier League.
Board Member- That was awful today, I mean the fans...
ST- It is utterly ludicrous that me and my family have invested too much money in this club and we are stuck in this POXY LEAGUE! (spit flies out and hits a board member in the eye)
BM- Erm I have taken the time to compile a list of potential candidates...
ST- John McInroe, he played in defence when my dad was in charge. Good man, done a good job at Ross City and I believe he should be our next manager.
BM- Er do you mean Jim McIntyre?
ST- That's what I said. Great midfielder, how much to get him?
BM- About the same as Ray.
ST- Well that will do. Let's take a vote, who's in favour of Jim McIntosh?
(Everyone puts their hand up)
ST- Right that should keep those greetin pussed fans off my back for a bit. Where's David Southern?
BM- He's indisposed on his laptop, trying to conclude a deal with xHamsters I believe.
ST- Well he should be here prompt, or else he won't be getting a pay rise and his new Audi will have to go waiting!
Rest of Board- Yes Stephen.
ST- Anyway, I need to get down the Arch as I have an important meeting there. (sprays aftershave on his neck) We will reconvene Monday.
ROB- Yes Stephen.
ST- Who's the daddy of Dundee United?
ROB- (sigh) You are Stephen.