+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stephen Robinson

Stephen Robinson

I seriously doubted this man's appointment to the managers job, but by God has he overseen a massive transformation at our club. Last season I honestly felt like chucking it, I felt so disheartened with the club and in particular, Mark McGhee's stewardship on the field. SR has come in and as well as adding some very decent signings in Kipre, Hartley & Carson, he has instilled a belief and will to win in us that I have not known in a Motherwell team since Butcher's time.

I have enjoyed the first few months of this season more than I enjoyed the last three seasons put together, take a bow Robbo, take a Bow Sir!

Well said.

No arguments about Robbo, what a job he's done so far.

But never mind the subjective stuff, in 130 years, he's only the sixth manager to take us to a cup final. If he can expand the truly elite group from three to four, I'd rename Fir Park Street in his honour!

Often said we can get a seasons weather in ONE day and reading LSM post ‘We’re going to lose tomorrow’, we can get it in print !
    Carrumba his opinions can change like the weather. Back to the game .. incredible performance and thoroughly deserved win and agree LSM comments regards Robinson recruitment, tactics and motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    I seriously doubted this man's appointment to the managers job, but by God has he overseen a massive transformation at our club. Last season I honestly felt like chucking it, I felt so disheartened with the club and in particular, Mark McGhee's stewardship on the field. SR has come in and as well as adding some very decent signings in Kipre, Hartley & Carson, he has instilled a belief and will to win in us that I have not known in a Motherwell team since Butcher's time.

I have enjoyed the first few months of this season more than I enjoyed the last three seasons put together, take a bow Robbo, take a Bow Sir!
    Agree with all of the above. Which brings me to Robinsons predicessor, Mr McGhee. Upon Robinsons appointment after his sacking, McGhee said it was a waste of time sacking me then appoint Robinson as manager because it would make no difference.....Care to have a re think on that one ya clown.

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    Often said we can get a seasons weather in ONE day and reading LSM post ‘We’re going to lose tomorrow’, we can get it in print !
    Carrumba his opinions can change like the weather. Back to the game .. incredible performance and thoroughly deserved win and agree LSM comments regards Robinson recruitment, tactics and motivation.
    Do you understand how predictions work? The 'pre' part of the word should give you a clue and unless you have the benefit of a crystal ball or two, then any prediction is merely a guess, not an assertion based on facts. I have been consistent in my praise of Stephen Robinson this season as you would have seen if you had read my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Do you understand how predictions work? The 'pre' part of the word should give you a clue and unless you have the benefit of a crystal ball or two, then any prediction is merely a guess, not an assertion based on facts. I have been consistent in my praise of Stephen Robinson this season as you would have seen if you had read my posts.
    I do and my understanding this a Message Forum, not to be confused with another named Prediction League where you are correct describing its purpose above. For clarity you blow like the wind and ever the pessimist and very rarely before a match post +ve comment. I am NOT alone who has made this observation and was you who posted topic "We’re going to lose tomorrow" on Message Forum.

I don't deny being 'glass half empty' when it comes to Motherwell, just experience has taught me to expect the worse whilst hoping for the best and that way of thinking certainly worked well for me yesterday.

I often post negative predictions - not comments as I'm sure you would see if you actually read my posts properly - for games as I've been a Motherwell fan long enough to know the score, as it were.

What I will say to you and the permaraging neillyboy is that at least I can say that I come on here week in week out, make my predictions and give my reasons for doing so and if after the event and it turns out I was wrong, I always come on here and admit it and congratulate the team and give credit where it's due. In your case you appear to say nothing on these boards from one month's end to the next, you only pop up now and again to attempt some snide attempt at a smart @rsed dig at posters who have nailed their colours to the mast with predictions but were proved wrong ultimately. It's very easy to be wise after the event but I at least have the courage of my convictions.

Neillyboy on the other hand appears every so often to make a bold prediction of us winning but without giving any reason or explanation for his thoughts. Nothing wrong with that of course but when he is proved correct he resorts to petty personal abuse just because someone or others didn't share his views before the match had actually happened.

As for "blowing like the wind" I assume you mean I am inconsistent in my views here? Well if that's how you see it that's up to you, I though think I am fairly if not always consistent, unlike yourself who can't even be consistent in the one sentence. "You blow like the wind and ever the pessimist". A bit of a contradiction there is it not?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)